Funny thing my daughter said about superbowl

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwinMa, Feb 4, 2007.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

A friend at school asked my 12-year old daughter who she was rooting for in the Superbowl. My daughter replied "Oh, I don't really care. I'm not really that into baseball."

That's my girl! LOL!
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

What a priceless statement! My husband will go to the yearly "all guys" Super Bowl party in a glad I don't have to go!

Anyway, tell your daughter she's priceless!

3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

especially if they shoot the final puck and it goes in that net thingy. That's when it's really exciting!

We're actually going to a Superbowl party today (small one) and I'll be wearing my Packers sweatshirt. It's more of an anti-Bears thing. Ya know how we Wisconsinites hate those Bears!

It will be amazing if I even watch any of the game. I usually just socialize and try to catch the commercials!

I hope it doesn't go into extra innings!
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

This was very funny! I'll probley just watch "Reba" and go to bed. Maybe I'll watch the half time show.

I hate those extra innings too. Anything more than nine is just too much.
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I sure do agree with you all. Some of us gals used to call it the Stupid Bowl. As you said the best part is usually commercials and the Half time show. I agree with whoever said that Prince was -"Yawn" the nice way of saying who cares !!

I wish they actually took some kind of a vote or survey or something about the Half Time shows. They have been lacking of late !! Then when they get someone who at least has a little talent she and whatever his names was ( I forgot already)goes and does the "Misfunctional costume trick" which I know was called something else but I can't think of that either. More brain fog !!!

When I go to SB parties I usually do mostly socialize, eat and watch the commercials and a few plays here and there.

I love what your little girl said about the game. My sentiments exactly. However, most of my daughters are really into it, except one and my son enjoyed playing most of his school life and probably enjoyed playing it more than watching these guys get paid a fortune for playing a game! Crazy - don't get me started on that one !

Blessings to all and stay warm ,

Granni (Marilyn)