funny yet ___ - adapt this to us

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Dec 19, 2010.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I think we could adapt this and send it to friends...

This sweet lady is asked to say "a few words" at a gathering of 'Seniors at Home' franchise caregivers, and she brings down the house starting about 90 seconds into it ...

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

The lady was great - very funny! I sent it to all my family. I suppose if someone had the energy they could do a riff on this vis-a-vis CFS, although in a way I don't think it would work - CFS is too d**m depressing, hard to see the lighter side of having your life stop. Whereas we all (if we're lucky) will be that lady's age someday sharing common foibles with everyone else.

I do joke a little about CFS on good days with one of my sisters - she's the only one who really wants to know how I am and stays in touch and tries to imagine herself in my shoes - so she gets away with some black humor at my expense (she will tell me all about her life, which I love to hear about, she is really living her life, pushing herself, taking chances (e.g., singing in public which she loves and would be my worst nightmare) - and then she will comment that of course I (me) don't have a life, so can't really identify - but she gets away with it because (a) it helps to laugh and (b) she really does care, and I dish it back to her.

Now that I think about it, an adaptation would work for the CFS community itself, just not the world at large.

Anyways, thanks for the link to the video - it's really worth looking up!

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Victoria. Loved the speech.

Gotta admire those who can be funny about a grim topic.

Well, gotta go do some jogging. Now where did I leave that
    glass of wine?

4. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Thanks for sharing it with us! Gave me a few endorphins from laughing; I appreciate that gift!