furore over FFC is a distraction

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Jul 19, 2006.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I don't want to stir the pot anymore than it's already been stirred... but IMHO the red-hot debate on the board about the FFC kind of misses the point.

the real question is whether the anti-viral, antibiotics regime pioneered by Nicholson and others and adopted by Teitelbaum and the FFC works.

In my very limited experience (a couple of weeks worth) it does. I'm doing great on Valtrex and thinkign about doctor shopping so I can get Valcyte...

I'm hoping to add Xyrem to get teh sleep part fixed and hopefully skip the hormone tinkering part of the FFC regime..

But my point is the FFC docs are not the only ones out there prescribing these meds, or following Teitelbaum's protocol.

The FFC is kind of a convenient one-stop shop, but I'm sure there are other docs (perhaps in the alternative field) who can help.

I don't know who they are ...but I found one..and we know Teitelbaum has been running workshops for docs for the longest time...

And of course, Elsa managed it with a team of docs..

Just my two cents.
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    Delia
  2. ckahele

ckahele New Member

Other docs out there with effective treatment?
    Where?
    I searched for 8 years and never found any.
    Who has the time or the money or more importantly the energy/strength to continue searching?
    I sure didn't.
    The FFC is fantastic because they know what ails and know how to treat...no more fooling with know nothing docs.
    I think it's ridiculous to search and hope for a good doc when you can go to place that you know can help.
    And please don't say I must be rich..read my other posts for clarification on that fact.
    Cyndy