fyi....I will not be on for a week or so, having teeth removed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debra49659, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Hi all....I am having 9 teeth removed and will not be on the board for a week or so. I will miss you all please keep me in your thoughts:)

2. kjfms

kjfms Member

I just wanted to wish you luck.

Take good care of you,

Karen :)
  3. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

Please let us hear how you do. I have some extensive dental work I have been putting off and would like to hear how you do. I do hope it does not cause a flair. Keeping fingers crossed for you.
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I'm back...all in all not too bad in regards to the procedure.

I had a ton of numbing stuff and several refills:), he gave me motrin 800 mg. and vicodin for the pain.

Between the two it keep the pain in check, I have some fillings which need to done next week....and a partial in the future.

Honestly, I wish they would have pulled them all out, I have had horrible tooth problems since the FM and CFS. gums are still a little swollen but not too bad...better everyday.

I am being tight fisted with the left over vicodin....for the really bad FM days:)

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts, and if you have work to do and can afford it get it done, my mouth hurt everyday in combination with the FM it was too much too bear.

5. SerenityPheonix

SerenityPheonix New Member

I feel your pain.

I had to have all my teeth removed when I was just 33. It took only 3 trips and the third one I walked out with my new dentures in place. That third trip was to remove the remaining 6 on the bottom and the remaing 6 on the top...they put the dentures in right in after those last 12 extractions...geez.

Talk about gagging! It took a few weeks to get used to the dentures, but it was great after that. No more candy apples at the fair, but no more pain either. Not a bad trade I suppose.

I will keep you in my thoughts and wish you all the best.