FYI-watch out for salesmen

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by daylight, Jun 2, 2009.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

I'm on a few different forums and I'm seeing a lot of these scam artists. They post for donations or a new health cure all . And All they need is a credit card. Once they get it they drain it dry.
    Most of us know not to give out this kind of information but some of us are just to sweet and caring that they fall victim to these creepy people.
    If you need health products buy them at a secure site ( right here is good a one =) ) . Donate directly to the " Aids,arthritis ,MDS,Lupus,Cancer extr......" foundations . They are secure sites.

I know that there are some very kind hearted people out there that truly are trying to help out these causes but in today's world an ounce of caution goes a long way. You may think that your giving to a good cause but in reality you may just be paying of someone else's house payment.

Love you all,

2. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

It's always good to be reminded of this!

Whenever I see a post with "new cure for.." or such in the title, I ignore it.

Thanks again!
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

And many times you are not paying their house payment--you are paying their drug dealer for the drugs they are buying.
  4. daylight

daylight New Member

So true . I was also wondering if theses "people" are in fact just one person using different user names. There is no way of knowing for sure. We just have to be on guard.
  5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Daylight,

What a great topic and wonderful reminder! Many charities and business can be checked for their legitimacy at the Better Business Bureau. Their website is Hope this helps.

Have a great day everyone!

6. daylight

daylight New Member

I didn't know this . I'll have to bookmark the for future checks. Thanks for the info. =)