gaba and depression...baclofen/neurotonin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simonedb, Apr 11, 2010.

1. simonedb

simonedb Member

i think baclofen is sort of like neurotonin
    anyway been trying a little bit to relax muscles and it helps but ugh its making me depressed i think, anyone else get that?
    i want to take a med holiday but not sure how, would have to take off work cus there will be pain!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2010]
  2. simonedb

simonedb Member

anyone know what this might tell me about my brain chemistry?
    Antagonism of baclofen-induced depression of whole-cell synaptic currents in spinal dorsal horn neurones by the potent GABAB antagonist CGP55845
    Purchase the full-text article

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

J.F. Blake1, C.Q. Cao1, P.M. Headley2, G.L. Collingridge3, F. Brugger4 and R.H. EvansCorresponding Author Contact Information, 1

1Departments of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, U.K.

2Departments of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, U.K.

3Department of Pharmacology, The Medical School, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, U.K.

4Research and Development Department, Pharmaceuticals Division, Ciba-Geigy Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
    Accepted 3 September 1993.
    Available online 22 November 2002.

Abstract

The potencies of two GABAB receptor antagonists P-[3-aminopropyl]-P-diethoxymethyl-phosphinic acid (CGP35348) and the novel compound 3-N[1-(S)-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)ethyl]amino-2-(S)-hydroxypropyl-P-benzyl-phosphinic acid (CGP55845) have been compared in an in vitro spinal cord preparation. They have been tested as antagonists of baclofen-induced depression of EPSCs of patch-clamped dorsal horn neurones following electrical stimulation of dorsal roots. Mean EC50 values for the depressant action of baclofen were increased by 50- and 140-fold respectively in the presence of CGP35348 (200 ?M) (n = 5) and CGP55845 (100 nM) (n = 4). This potency of CGP55845 is > 1000-fold higher than that reported previously for other GABAB receptor antagonists.

Keywords: CGP55845; GABAB receptor; spinal cord; dorsal horn neurone; baclofen

To whom correspondence should be addressed.
  3. simonedb

simonedb Member

for encouragement aussie!