GABA has cured my acid reflux

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crossword, Nov 28, 2006.

1. crossword

crossword New Member

Have had acid reflux for years. Started taking GABA about six weeks ago and it stopped the (acid reflux) about 3 weeks ago (am still pinching myself). I feel better in general and find that no matter what I eat that there is no heartburn. I will still continue to take it however. Hugs to all.
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

L-Theanine (found in green tea) has been found to be the transport mechanism to cross the blood-brain-barrier. GABA will relax the over firing neurons.

It would be interesting to know whether its the neurological relaxing factor that is curing your acid reflux. It can't be GABA in the stomach itself since its Gamma Amino Buturic ACID.
  3. crossword

crossword New Member

I take the 750 mg. tablets which I bought from Prohealth.
  4. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

Mikie, I just wanted to point out that acid reflux isn't always caused by an underactive sphincter.

I have the worst acid reflux I've ever heard of, and the doctors all did a lot of tests to see if they could do anything for it--including one where they put a camera into my esophagus to see if the esophageal sphincter was working, and it was.

It's not spasms in the sphincter, it's that it doesn't open and close properly, but again, that's not the case for everyone.

Just wanted to point that out =].
  5. crossword

crossword New Member

6. spacee

spacee Member

I don't have acid reflux but I ordered GABA. I am hoping it will help with the overfiring stuff.

Thanks for mentioning and I am thrilled for you that you found something that "worked".

7. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

When I had an ulcer, the acid had also corroded my sphincter muscle. My gastrointernologist (stomach doctor) told me to tilt my bed with a couple of bricks to keep the acid lower until it healed.
  8. octylacetate

octylacetate New Member

hi there,<BR>
    are you still cured? has gaba really helped you with your reflux? how many milligrams did you take/day.<BR>
    I'm searching for a cure, i have had reflux for years too!<BR>
    best regards,<BR>