Gaba supplements--what does it do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Jan 25, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hello,

Last weekend I went on my supplement shopping spree. Hmmm and I used to shop for clothes and shoes now it is for health stuff LOL.

Can someone explain more about Gaba supplements? They are called Gaba Plus and I remember reading about it on here and I did the searches in the archives but did not find much information. I also bought some Black Cherry Extract pills since the juice is too sweet for me, and COQ10 pills as well.

Thank you,
    Nicole
  2. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I take Gaba Calm losenges. Usually take 1 at bedtime. Once in a while I take two at at time. But lately, I can get really good sleep with just one and also one Kava capsule by Gaia Herbs. Works better than the Melatonin for me, but I have autoimmune disorders and we're not really supposed to take Melatonin.

Also if yu feel anxious during the day, take one.

Best wishes,

skierchik
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is a drug which increases the GABA in the brain. It is used to help with sleep, anxiety, sensory overload, RLS, racing brain, muscle spasms, and tinnitus. It is a Godsend for me.

Love, Mikie
  4. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

it's likely from one of the other ingredients in the pill, not the gaba. numerous reports show that gaba itself does not cross the blood/brain barrier. numerous supplements naturally increase gaba in the brain including inositol, taurine and niacinamide, which you'll find in a lot of gaba products.

eddie