GABAPENTIN AND LANICANE WHO HAS TRIED IT???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deedeej, Apr 2, 2007.

1. deedeej

deedeej New Member

I have just beeen increased to 1200 mgs of Gabapentin 3xs a day and am starting to feel better. Has anyone tried it and what were the results?

I am getting 900ml of lanicane injected into my tummy once every three weeks. I will be doing the injections at home soon.
    Has anyone tried that for pain.?

I have fibro, Arthritis and Marfan Syndron so am being treated for other pain related things as well.

Love to hear some good stroies about how well it works.

Deedee
  2. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I have been on it for 6 years now only thing that works for me tried many others before I got this one. Any way I am only on 600 mg 3x per day because I don't want to become to amune to it not working any more. I take just enough to keep the edge off for that reason.

Probably should take more but I don't want to lose a good thing. I take vicodine when the pain is really bad occasionally. I asked my doctor what after this and he said vicodine or oxycodone and I was on oxycodone when I had my car wreck 3 years ago and I was a mummy don't want to go there again.

Good luck with your meds. Have a great day.
  3. artcgirl71

artcgirl71 New Member

Hi, I'm new here, but saw your post and thought I would reply.

I have been on gabapentin for a year now. At first I was on 300 mgs one x a day, but that was too much. I was having coordination problems (bumping into things, dropping things, and feeling lethargic). My dr switched me to 100 mgs a day and I've been great! I also take amitriptyline. This combination has given me almost 1 year of somewhat normal function. I've had flare-ups but they did not last as long as before. The pain has been mostly tolerable. Enough that I've don't have to take as much pain meds as before (I was eating them like candy!)

Currently I'm having the worst attack I've had in a year. It's lasted over 1 week. I think it's a combination of seasonal changes and stress.

The dosage you are on sounds extremely high compared to what I'm taking. However, I hope it works for you as well as it has for me.
  4. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I went from 300 3x daily to 600 mg. 3x daily on Gabepentin. I haven't had any problems and I feel a bit better. But I don't hav e any pain meds ---I was on Tylenolk #3 and now on Tramdol. I don't know dosage as it has several initials and numbers after it that I don't understand.

Good Luck.

Gentle Hugs

Joan
  5. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

I think high dose gabapentin is considered anything over 3000/day total. I'm currently up to 1400/day and still climbing. I just started it a couple weeks ago and have seen no impact.

It's important to split it into 3 doses a day and not go more than 12 hours between each dose.

On this board, of course, we vary wildly in our ability to tolerate meds, or to get benefits.