Gabitril Users? Madwolf your opinon?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missnae1, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

I was just prescribed Gabitril and did a search on the board. Was just wondering if anyone is currently using this rx and how they are doing with it. Last thing I want is a pill that will make me more tired. However, my central nervous system is in the biggest uproar yet. I think it's due to the tonsilectomy/sinus surgery that I had a couple weeks ago. Thanks for any info as always.
  2. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

Busy board today
  3. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

Looking forward to a reply.
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

It is supposed to induce stage 4 sleep, something we all miss out on unfortunately.

I have only been on it a few weeks now and the jury is still out on it, I cannot say for sure that it is helping much yet but in time I hope to see the difference.

It is not hurting anything, I was really anxious to try to address this illness from a "restorative" sleep angle, I have tried everything else I can think of.

Jaci
  5. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

My doc has given it to me to calm me down during the day...already taking klonopin and trazodone at night. But my brain seems to want to think about this dd 24/7. How many meds does a person need? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH.
  6. Dorothy45

Dorothy45 New Member

I have been on Gabatril since last Fall. I was originally perscribed the medicine (an several others)to help combat a mild form of bipolar. My doctor said it would help with my problems with anxiety. I need to make sure and eat something before I take Gabitril, or I get dizzy.This particular doctor suspects I suffer from fm too. All I know is that my shoulder and neck don't hurt near as much as they use too, and falling asleep at night is not a problem anymore.
  7. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Is it helping wiht your anxiety?
    Thanks,
    Lynn
  8. Dorothy45

Dorothy45 New Member

I believe it is. I am on three medications for depression, so it's hard for me to tell. Let's just say I am a "new" person. My doctor said it would help me with anxiety.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is supposed to be superior to Neurontin and Klonopin. Geez, Klonopin works so well for me that I can't imagine anything being better, but if it is, I'm all for it. I hope it helps all who take it.

Love, Mikie
  10. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

What is your dosage? My mother was just put on Paxil and she has stopped taking it. She doesn't like
    it and it is keeping her awake. She has terrible
    anxiety but not panic attacks. She can't sleep.
    I have a slew of problems and am very anxious and
    I can't sleep either. I wonder if I should discuss this
    with my dr.

Thanks,
    Lynn
  11. Dorothy45

Dorothy45 New Member

I am currently taking 4 mg twice a day. I want to point out that I am on several other medications to treat a mild form of bipolar. I have been taking a generic drug for Prozac(40mg) which make me terribly anxious. I also take Treliptal 300mg in the morning, and 600 mg before bedtime. I just started the new dosage of Treliptal several weeks ago. I was previously taking a total of 600 mg, but I commented to the doctor that I felt abit manic. With the higher dosage, I now feel fantastic mentally. I handle my worries so much differently now. Why? I know it is the combination of medicine, and self-help books. I have never felt this mentally healthy. Not ever!! About 5 years ago, or so, I was give Buspar for anciety, and did not notice any relief for my anxieties. Yes, I agree your mother should consult her physician, but you can forward info that you receive from this chat board. Good luck!