Gabupentin Amitryptoline or both??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chrisgirl, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Chrisgirl

Chrisgirl New Member

Hello. I have been on 500 mg of Gabupentin (200 in am, 300 in pm) for about 2 months. Still having muscle pain and tingling all over as well as shaky muscles and vibration feelings in the spine with blurry vision in the afternoons. Still don't know the cause. Went to my neuro. appt. this last week and was given amitryptoline (sp?) to take at night as well. Took for two nights, but felt like a zombie in the morning, which is usually my better time right now. Has anyone had success with taking both of these together? Wondering if I should keep taking both.

2. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

I take both these medications. I have only one dose of Gabapentin (300) at bedtime, and also 25 mg. of the Amitryptaline. I've found that the combination does help greatly with my sleep, but the dosage of the Amitry....whatever is very critical.

By that I mean we've done a lot of fiddling around to find just the right dose of it. Too little and I really don't sleep, but too much and I feel like a zombie the next morning. For me the 25 mg. is the "just right" amount. But my doctor had me try dosages all the way from 10mg-75mg. (and on that, I felt like a zombie all day!)

I'd suggest a little experimentation might be in order -- with your doctor's permission, of course!

Best wishes,
  3. Chrisgirl

Chrisgirl New Member

Thanks Janelle. I was put on just 10 mg. Maybe I should half it or give it more time. Glad you found a combo that works for you.