GAC Award show!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fight4acure, Apr 16, 2010.

1. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Great American Country is having its award show Sunday night!

http://www.gactv.com/?nl=GAC_041510_5

Please vote for your pick of song during the show!

Also, there's a poll on the right side where you can vote for your pick of who you would want to win the ACM Entertainer of the Year Award! (I picked Taylor Swift as I believe she is so down-to-earth with her music, and is really talented! But pick your favorite and watch the show!)

Hugs!
    Fight :)
  2. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I almost picked Keith Urban! Looks like he's going to win anyway, as he has 41% of the vote when I voted early this morning. He's so hot! But Taylor has such natural talent. :) Did I ever tell you that once her name came up on my phone, the first few weeks or month that I had my new cell phone and it is my first cell phone too! I had to pinch myself, as her full name rang on my phone. Then when I went to answer, nothing. Could've been the new meds the doc had me try, lol, just kidding. But I am behind her 100% after that. It's a meant to be situation, as I try to write songs in my spare time. Now Keith, people vote for him because he's HOT!!!!! Tom Cruise couldn't hold a candle to him.

Maybe I should live in Florida and have Nashville come to me, lol. You are? What? Without me? I hope you and him have lots of fun! I cannot remember where you live, and I cannot check while typing this. I hope it's not a huge trip for you. Take pictures, meet stars, and tell me all about it when you get back, okay? Oh, do go to Tootsies bar on Friday and Saturday nights. You will be surprised what stars will pop in, especially around 11 p.m.- 1 a.m. No, I'm not encouraging you to drink. You might run into some famous folks there. Don't mind the other bars as they're nothing compared to Tootsie's. If you hang out there long enough you will hear famous people coming in and the band leaders usually will anounce it so that you are aware of it. But, don't hesitate to cheer like I did because of the disbelieve that the famous ones were around me, not walking around with some body guard, or not being emotionally distant of the crowd.

I usually tape the award shows, so that I can play it over again a few times, but I haven't gotten my VCR hooked up in my new apartment. I've got to find a friend who knows how to hook that up to the converter box, and the friend has to do it because when it comes to electronics, I'm clueless about cords and hooking them up.

I should tell you about some places to hang out and eat, but I cannot remember the names of the other places. However, Tootsie's is the place!

:)

Have fun! And don't do what I would do! :D

3. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I hope you do enjoy! Tell me all about it, and if possible, show me some pics and websites of places you visited. I want to hear all about it. My mistake was going down there for only 4 days and that 4 days included a whole 24 hours of traveling there and back, just to get there, as it was during the *now blizzard. I will go for a week and a half next time so that I can enjoy and hit the hot spots around there. My brother lived in a small town near Franklin, TN. Cannot remember the name of it... bells/balls something? Cannot place it in my mind and its not on the map. It has a B in it, lol. Isn't Fibro Fog just wonderful!

Anyway, I want to hear all about it! Remember that the stars might be back in Nashville after spending time in LA at the award show, as they'll want to come home and rest, if they don't have to tour right away. They're so busy! You might run into more famous people than I did! Only 2 for me. I want to hear all about it! Don't know anything about Kix Brooks. Never visited the Country Hall of Fame, as I was so beat from the drive, and had little money with all of the gas money I spent to get down there. It is my intent to go there the next time I head down there. They have a music festival coming up in May and I might head down there again.

I'm glad you're not driving. Be prepared for some set backs. Also, if you check out the visitor's site in Nashville TN, you might get some coupons on some places you plan to visit. Look around on the website. You have the hotel already, but make sure that you go on hotels.com and expedia.com to see that you have all the discounts that you should on your hotel room. Have fun and tell me all about it when you get back home, but not until you rest up after coming home, okay?

Love,
  4. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

I casted my vote !!!!!

Under the Vote button there is resuts button.
    Taylor has alot of catching up to do. Keith Urban is in the lead for now.

You are so right, Taylor is so down-to earth with her music.
    Such a Natural she seems.
    Her parents must be so very proud of her.

Thanks Fight for posting this as i may have missed the show, oh no.
    Country Music is the Greatest!! I enjoy hearing them all.
  5. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Again, Carrie Underwood steals the Entertainer of the Year award. Doesn't it just get sickening! She's good, but not that good.

Love,
  6. keke466

keke466 New Member

Hey I wanted Prad Paisley to win. I never cared much for Carrie Underwood or Kelly Pickler and many others. They are not country. I like Kelly Pickler personally and she sings good but it's pop not country. IMHO Carrie Underwood is a snob.LOL..Sorry
  7. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

No Carrie bashing here! Im just teasing. I like her but Im not wild about her. But the girl can sing. I live about an hour from her hometown. Small-town girl done good. Reba McIntyre grew up in the general area where I now live. There are several tiny towns around here and they all want to lay claim to her lol. She has a big spread out here somewhere tho Ive never been to see it. I didnt get to see the awards show. :( I love to see the performances and am tickled when I get to see some of my "oldie" faves like George Strait. I miss dancing to his songs. I used to live in a town called Tullahoma in TN. Loved it. The nicest people Ive met. Beautiful state. If I could live anywhere it would be TN. Those people have never met a stranger. Driving those mountains in eastern TN scared the bejeesus outta me. The sand pits for those whose brakes failed. Yeesh. Thanks for letting me share. Rebecca
  8. butterflydream

Wilson, have not heard much from her on the country award shows lately.
    Maybe i've missed seeing her, Gretchen can really sing her songs. She's great!!

Rebecca, I've not seen those eastern Tn Mtns. yet.
    Oh my, that would be scary thought of brakes failing.
    I've seen photos, the roads look narrow thru the Smokey's .

George Strait, oh he's another great one. I love his music !!

Sooooo many Great country singers.

I hope someday Fight has the opportunity to write songs for them to sing !!!
  9. butterflydream

Wilson, have not heard much from her on the country award shows lately.
    Maybe i've missed seeing her, Gretchen can really sing her songs. She's great!!

Rebecca, I've not seen those eastern Tn Mtns. yet.
    Oh my, that would be scary thought of brakes failing.
    I've seen photos, the roads look narrow thru the Smokey's .

George Strait, oh he's another great one. I love his music !!

Sooooo many Great country singers.

I hope someday Fight has the opportunity to write songs for them to sing !!!
  10. butterflydream

sorry all, somehow i double clicked for posting
  11. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I ended up in e. TN to go to Rock City. Saw Ruby Falls quite the experience, that. The falls are underground and once you get down there, they give you a moment to take in the majesty and kill the lights. Pitch black. Literally cant see your hand in front of your face. I dont know if they still do this, it was the late 70s when I was there.---We have a songwriter in our midst? Awesome! I guess this would be the person who wants to go to Nashville? Forgive my lack of a memory...Im still figuring out names---Rebecca
  12. butterflydream

Ruby Falls sounds beautiful!!

Oh yes a songwriter in my opinion, the original poster here for this post fight4acure.
    Nashville is her dream, i believe.
    Fight is wonderful with a great sense of humor.

Thanks for sharing this Rebecca, i'll have to search for some pics of Ruby Falls.