gallbladder, acid reflux, what's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by crissylove73, Dec 8, 2012.

1. crissylove73

crissylove73 New Member

sept. 29 I started feeling really nauseous within a few days I had severe bloating and extreme indigestion. whether I ate or drank I would still constantly belch. I had mild pain and pressure and fullness directly in the upper middle stomach area. My GI doc said it was probably a bad gallbladder and sent me to a surgeon. that doc sent me for a hida scan it came back at an ejection rate of 83% but they did notice moderate bile reflux activity. so he sent me back to the GI doc. in the meantime my symptoms have gotten worse. I've never had acid reflux in the past but now I have it so bad I can't eat anything without it feeling like it is stuck in my throat, I always feel like there is a lump in my right side of my throat. constant clearing of my throat. and occasionally a feeling like I can't breath very well but just on the right side. the bloating is still there. the constant belching. and now a stinging burning pain near my lowest ribs in the right back and side area. I am currently awaiting results for some lab work. but I am miserable I take aciphex in the A.M. , zantac in the P.M. I drink nothing but water, chew gum to help the sensation in my throat. sleep in a seriously inclined position. and my doc wanted me to take reglan for the bile reflux but after reading the side effects I need to see if there is an alternative. I do find it interesting that all my problems are on the right and I don't know what would cause me to suddenly develop severe acid reflux or bile reflux. sorry so long but if anyone has had any of these problems or can suggest what the culprit is I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Some of your symptoms do sound gallbladder-related. And strange as it may sound, acid reflux is often caused by too little stomach acid, and not too much stomach acid. I don't know how long you've been on the aciphex and zantac but they may be causing some of your symptoms.

What helped me, and I believe saved my gallbladder, was a chiropractor who did muscle testing. Many years ago I went to him (after no help from the regular docs), I had some digestive problems and within 5 minutes he'd found a plugged bile duct and later that my gallbladder was inflamed. He was able to treat both these conditions with supplements from Standard Process. I am 99% certain that if I had stuck with my regular docs, my symptoms would have steadily worsened and I would end up having my gallbladder taken out. We do need our gallbladders and they should be saved if possible.

There are things you can do to help them, with diet and some supplements.

So my recommendation is to find a chiro who does this - you can just call ones in the phone book, or go to the Standard Process website and their customer service people will give you the names of practitioners in your area who use their products.

This same chiro also helped me detoxify my liver and other digestive problems - it was amazing (and each time I had gone to my regular docs with symptoms and they were unable to help me).

Traditional medicine too often has to wait until a condition is severely acute before they can even diagnose it, and then they often just cut out things or prescribe drugs, with attendant side effects, instead of getting to the root of problems and resolving them. With muscle testing you can get to the root of problems much quicker, before they reach an acute or dangerous stage.

My digestive now is very good. I also learned I had to take hydrochloric acid with each meal.

Good luck -

Mary
    Dianne Marie likes this.
  3. Dianne Marie

Dianne Marie Member

Thank you, Mary. I believe you've addressed my issue, too.
    What are your thoughts, if any, on acupuncture? I have an appointment with one for a consultation and treatment for stress. Would welcome all opinions.

Dianne Marie
  4. Dianne Marie

Dianne Marie Member

Thank you, Julie!
    As I write this post I am still experiencing the feeling of undigested food sitting at the top of my stomach each time I swallow. I drank 2 glasses of water with lemon and am on my second cup of coffee/whole milk. I have had nothing to eat since last evening when I had a thin crust pizza and 2 glasses of Pinot Grigio.
    Any thoughts/comments?
    This condition has been with me for 4 days.
    Dianne Marie
  5. Dianne Marie

Dianne Marie Member

Julie, this condition just started about 4 DAYS ago. Not sure how you got "since last September".
    Your situation sounds scary. It is good that you are pain free now and enjoying better health.
    I will contact my PCP on Tuesday. I am not going to wait this one out. In the meantime it is tolerable.
    Thanks so much for your suggestions.
    Kind regards,
    Dianne
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Dianne - I just saw your post. I still think it's a very good possibility that you need HCL with your meals. It sounds so familiar what you're going through and I would bet 10 to 1 your PCP won't know what to do. I remember the food just sitting there, and I would feel full and sluggish for hours or even days. I remember once I ate a plate of nachos and the feeling of fullness lasted a couple of days it seemed. And lack of stomach acid will affect your gallbladder and liver, the whole system. Lemon juice just may not be enough.

I would be beware of any drugs your PCP may hand out - they seem to be very good at handing out drugs instead of getting to the bottom of the problem.

Here's a very simple test you can do at home to determine if your stomach acid is low. Rich Van Konynenberg posted this:
    For those who haven't heard of the baking soda--burp test, it goes like this: On an empty stomach, drink a glass of water (about 8 oz.) into which you have mixed one-quarter teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate). See how long it takes you to burp. If you haven't burped in two minutes, your stomach acid production is low.
    Good luck -

Mary