GALLBladder Pain ? HELP?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Sep 20, 2006.

1. I don't have gallstones, but have the pain. They said my gallballer may be not working. BUT also I have the pain in the breastbone area/slightly below , constant nausea and occasional vomiting and oh so extremely bloated. I cannot eat hardly anything or I pay. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Am waiting for dr. appt.
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

I too never had the stones, but had all the pain and nausea, ect. I do hope you get into doctor soon, it worry about you now. Let us know

Hugs
    Deanna
  3. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I HAVE GERDs forgot what all stands for but it is acid reflux and gas in stomach I also had an alsur(mis spelled)
    I had some of those same symptoms i take perscription previcad, I t runns in my family but Doc said do to all the meds it caused it to become worse.

hope that helps you maybe some tums could help you until you go to doc.
  4. Deanna did you have your gallbladder removed?
    and minkanyrose my family dr. had me try protonix and nexium but those seemed to make it more painful. This is not reflux , believe me it REALLY is painful. I have been eating tums, antacids like candy and no help.
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

it could be either. I have had gull stones and Gerd both are painfull.

Gullstone pain nothing helps
    Gerd anti acids help

You also could have a stone in the bile duct

Do not eat pork,dairy foods, eggs ,fried anything

eat very bland foods
  6. teeniebean

teeniebean New Member

I have and had such painful "gallbladder"symtomps, I have had the upper GI scan and ex-rays the whole real deal looking. Then I read the CFS sufferers can have phantom gallbladder attacks.
    Recently on this website for prohealth there was an article by Dr. Cheney about not enought hydrochloric acid in the stomach to digest properly. I won't try to quote it, but it is something I am going to look into as I have severe digestive issues whenever I eat.
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

fibrobutterfly;

Hi, I have gallstones and yet the doc said to leave them alone. I am bloated and have problems with food and am not sure of the long-term effect of keeping them.

I would have assumed he would have yanked the gallbladder out, but he did not.

nyrofan
  8. Well I can't leave it alone, whatever it is, it has gotten to be a daily thing. Nothing helps. I am down to drinking slimfast as meals. BORING and the pain is getting TIRING and worse!
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had all your symptoms plus a low-grade temp. My gb ultrasound was normal so now I'm seeing the gastro doc.

Going on the gb diet did help with the symptoms. I started adding things back in, one at a time and found that wheat made me very sick. I can eat other whole grains, so I don't think it's Celiac Disease.

Good luck with your doc's appt. I'll update after I see my doc.

Love, Mikie
  10. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

i've been on protonix for over a year now and started having stomach pain....and pain behind the breastbone that shoots all the way thru to my back as well as well as a tight feeling in the sides of my throat. had the cardiac work up, got my asthma checked by the allergist and now i'm onto the GI doc. the blood tests for h-pylori came back neg so I am on to the upper endoscopy on monday. in the interim, shes got me on the protonix 2 times a day and 300mg of zantac 2 times a day as well. the pain is still there but considerably duller.
  11. pepper

pepper New Member

exactly as you describe. In addition she did have gall stones, had her gall bladder out but still has all the symptoms except the vomiting! She has FM too. The doctors don't know what to do for her.

They tried antacids but they made her worse. Then she tried lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. It helped at first but no longer does. She is so frustrated.

Pepper
  12. I have heard even with the gallbladder out you can still have the same symptoms. I have been so miserable. It showed no gallstones in the ultrasound. a gallbladder diet? I have been drinking slimfast.Thats expensive though on a daily basis. I even got stomach sick eating oatmeal!

this is what I found.......
    The Counterattack - A Low Fat Diet
    Although cholesterol is most commonly known to cause heart disease, it has been found that the bile of obese people is super-saturated with cholesterol, leading to the growth of gallstones and predisposing them to gall bladder illness. Diabetes and low-functioning thyroid have also been found to cause the formation of gallstones. The latest research points to a link between excessive and sudden weight loss and the onset of symptoms.

So what should be YOUR major counterattack in dealing with gall bladder disease?

Avoid fatty or fried foods and red meat. On salads, substitute commercial dressings with vinegar - and olive oil - a 'good' fat.
    Instead of large meals, eat small amounts of food during the day, and especially avoid any large meals at bedtime.
    Avoid carbonated drinks, which can trigger the movement of the stones causing even more pain.
    Don't go on binge and purge diets. Slow, steady weight loss—or maintaining a healthy body mass index to begin with—is the best news for every organ in your body... including your gall bladder!
    Recommended Vitamins and Nutritional Supplements

Start with a good multi-vitamin and mineral supplement.
    Vitamin E - best known as a general healer and aid in circulation. (If you are currently taking an anticoagulant you should not take vitamin E.)
    Fish Oil Capsules - Omega 3 oils are known to block cholesterol formation in bile.
    From the Kitchen Cabinet

Tumeric - enhances the flow of bile.
    Ginger - aids in digestion of fats.
    Eat more fiber! - in the form of vegetables, fruit and grains, but be mindful of of beans, oranges, onions, corn and nuts - which may initiate an attack in some people with allergies to these foods.
    Finally, always seek your doctor's advice about the best diet regimen for keeping gallstones under control.

Having gallstones doesn't always mean surgery. You can be virtually symptom free by watching what you eat - and launching a counterattack - with a low-fat diet.

13. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi - Sorry you are suffering. Has your doctor ordered an upper endoscopy?

I sufferred way too long before I found out my pain was coming from my gall bladder. It would wake me up through the night and the pain would double me over. I could hardly breathe.

I went to see a surgeon who informed me my gall bladder was in poor condition and I had several small tiny gall stones. I had immediate surgery and they removed the stones and my gall bladder. My Doctor told me it could have ruptured if I had waited much longer.

You can still have what a Doctor calls "Phantom Pains" after a gall bladder is removed but this is temporary. I didn't have this and have never regretted having it removed.

I hope you feel better soon, keep us updated as you can.

Love & Hugs
    carolin
  14. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I used to have chronic problems with my gallbladder. My chiropractor diagnosed it using muscle testing, and gave me AF Betafood by Standard Process. I had to take about 15 tablets a day (they're small tablets) for a week or so, then 9 for another week, then down to 6. It is fantastic stuff, and below is an article which tells how it works. I believe if it wasn't for my chiropractor and the Betafood, my gallbladder would have been removed. But I still have it, and it works quite well now. Also, I learned I had to start taking digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid, which have helped enormously as well. You can get AF betafood from many chiropractors, and from the Spinelife website. Here's the article:

AF Betafood

If you have gall bladder problems then AF Betafood may be your one way trip to health, vitality and keeping your gall bladder. If, after consuming consuming a meal heavy in fats, you begin to burp almost immediately, this means you have gall bladder malfunction and your metabolism is more than likely deficient.

Today, doctors are recommending people have their gall bladders removed when the people who signs of gall bladder stress or disease. Here is what really happens. People have metabolism problems. As a result the bodily functions begin to mis-function. When certain foods are consumed that require adequate gall bladder function, we can have signs that the gall bladder is not in a position to do its job accurately. Let us consider this mis-firing of the gall bladder function. Do we destroy the symptom of the metabolism or do we correct the metabolism problem that caused the gall bladder to mis-fire in the first place. Do you think removal of the gall bladder corrects the metabolism problem? Of course not! but correcting the metabolism problem provides us with sick gall bladder relief.

Let us observe the function of bile. Bile has a number of functions. Bile breaks down the fat in food. Bile emulsifies the fat in the digestive system. Bile works to help eliminate toxins from the body. Here is an example of how bile helps: Say you are painting and breath the fumes and the chemicals associated with paint and fumes. The fumes and associated chemicals are drawn into your lungs as you breath. From the lungs, the chemicals are picked up by the blood and carried to the liver. As we all know, the liver works as a filter just like the filter used in keep oil clean in the automobile. The liver proceeds to dump the chemicals from the paint into the bile from the gall bladder. The gall bladder then dumps the bile containing the chemicals into the intestines for elimination.

The most important thing to understand is that the bile is your aid in removal of toxins from the body. But when the bile gets thick like cream this means the fat metabolism is malfunctioning. Bile must be thin to do it's job correctly. Cataplex F and Cataplex A thin the bile and Betafood flushes the bile route.

Standard Process puts together the three complexes to make AF Betafood. Therefore, you need one instead of three bottles of product to help keep your bile flowing properly and possibly forego the serious problems related to malfunctioning fat metabolism.

As you may have already guessed, AF Betafood also takes a serious stress from the liver as well as the gall bladder. The gall bladder functions properly and the liver is able to continue doing its job in relation to it's relationship to the gall bladder correctly as well .

Indredients: Carrot powder, vacuum dried beet leaf juice, beet powder, honey, oat flour, calcium lactate, defatted wheat germ, magnesium citrate, vacuum dried bovine prostate, nutritional yeast, bovine liver powder, vacuum dried bovine kidney, alfalfa meal, vitamin A esters, arabic and cellulose gum, bovine orchic glandular extract, calcium stearate, bovine liver fat extract, flaxseed oil extract, prolamine iodine, ascorbic acid, pyridoxal 5-phosphate, mixed tocopherols, and soy bean lecithin.

Two tablets supply 170 mg Vacuum Dried Beet Leaf Juice and Beet Powder and 130 mg Carrot Powder.
  15. carolin I think that is what they will do next, but I don't go to the gi dr. for another 2 wks! I don't know if the pain in the middle of my breastbone area and the horrid bloating is related to the gallbladder or?
  16. misskoji

misskoji Member

Yes, after much complaining on my part of the pain ect... they finally gave me an ultrasound to find that it was VERY inflamed and did surgery the next day. The only pain that I couldn't bear after the surgery was the gas they inject you with. Other than that, it's usually as laproscopry surgery with easy recovery. I know you will feel better afterward hun!

Let me know
    Deanna
  17. I wonder how they could tell your gallbladder was inflamed by an ultrasound?
    Today is a day I feel SOOOO extremely bloated I can't stand myself
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I saw the gastro doc today and he ran a liver panel and a test for the pancreas. If the endoscopy shows no esophogeal problems and there's no ulcer, I will have to have some kind of test where they can watch the gallbladder function. Can't remember what it's called, some kind of molecular test.

The doc still thinks this may be my gb. I'm doing much better but still have some symptoms. The gb diet has really helped. I've been so bloated that I didn't think I had lost weight but I've lost 7 pounds. I guess that's the only upside to this.

Love, Mikie
  19. good luck, that is about what I have lost too, you would think I should have lost at least 20 lbs but NO. I feel like a helium balloon though. I am petrified to eat anything. Let me know what the scope test shows. I imagine that is what I will have to have done too. Fun, fun, NOT!
  20. charlenef

charlenef New Member

it was over active and pushing out too much bile then 4 months later had apendix out charlene