Gallbladder & Pancreas emergency(SIL) have questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Dec 23, 2005.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi guys~ Just hoping someone here with experience can shed some light on this bad situation.

Last week my SIL had a bad stomach attack with some vomiting . We all thought it was just the stomach bug thats been going around here.
    well,.... she got worse and went to the er last friday.
    They admitted her for tests and come to find out they say she has a stone in her bile duct,which in turn has inflammed her pancreas BIG time!! they've had her on IV antibiotics since last saturday. She's been basically up and down with this all week. They can't do surgery untill things calm down, and she has a fever to.

So needless to say she won't be home for Christmas :(
    She has a baby boy who's a bit over a yr old.

I'm just wondering if this is all common when the gallbladder goes bad?? Does it effect the pancreas? and the poor girl has had nothing to eat or drink since she was admitted!!!
    Why the fever,..? even on antibiotics for days.
    Should'nt the drs. just go ahead with the surgery now?
    This sounds more serious then I ever thought.??
    She does'nt look well at all,...
    I'm worried.
    Please keep her in your prayers for me will ya?
    Thanks alot
    Tandy
  2. adirondackhoney

adirondackhoney New Member

wishing her well
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Tandy search "Anyone got any natural gallbladder teatments?" by Dee50

I'm praying for her and you. Yes this sounds very serious.
    Dee50
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

Yea,...
    I heard the drs. are doing scans almost daily on her. maybe to see if things are settling down?? and monitoring her enzymes.?? which I heard are waaaaayyyy off.
    They finally did just switch her antibiotic to something stronger. She seemed to have her fever break during one of the nights (pouring sweat/wet) and her fever went down. But then it shot back up.
    I feel horrible for her~
    I've been taking care of her baby alot these days.
    Wears me out,...but I like to help.
    I will search both those posts now.
    Thanks so much for sharing your info on this. And for keeping her in your thoughts :)
    I'll post as I hear news.
    Hugs
    Tandy
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Doing surgery during fever/infection could turn REALLY BAD! It would be like cutting (sorry) in bacterially infected flesh and spread it on everything the surgeon touches. They really have to get rid of her infection first. I am sure they run labs to check on things as well.
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

your right,..
    makes alot of sense.
    I guess its just hard to stand back and see all shes going thru. One can only hope that the drs. are doing whats best right now. and I'm sure they are~
    Take care
    and Happy holidays to you all :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Hope you are holding up with the care for your grandbaby. They are wonderfull :) and so much work to keep up with.

Is her fever broke yet?

God Bless you all,
    Dee50
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

and a Merry Christmas to you all~

Her fever just broke,..(again) the stronger antibiotics are working.
    They hope to do surgery this tues.
    as long as her enzymes continue to drop. I think its her liver enzymes.?
    Her Mom said that when my SIL was admitted last week her enzymes were over 2,000. She said normal was around 50 or less.!!!!
    Continued prayers for this family :)
    Thanks so much
    Tandy