gallbladder removed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ruby711, Feb 17, 2006.

1. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Just had gallbladder removed and am feeling so much better. Can finally eat food. The diff. is incredible. Didn't have any stones but excessive low function of the gallbladder which caused nausea and inablitily to eat. Thank you all for your support and info about gallbl. surgery. I have been unable to be a consistent member here, but will try to work my way up to it. Am presently trying to gain back some of the 20 lbs I lost-should be easy-i love food. Thank you again.
    ruby
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Its always nice to have a worth while surgery~

I'm so glad your doing better.

My SIL just had hers out too.(last week)
    She had to wait for her pancreas to heal first as stones lodged in the bile duct caused pancreatitis before Christmas.
    She just had the surgery and is recovering well.
    Rest and take care,....
    glad to have you back on your feet and posting~
    Hugs
    Tandy
  3. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Why don't I just send you some of my excess weight? Heck, I'll even gladly send MORE than 20 pounds. You'll gain, I'll lose ... we'll both be happy!

LOL!!!!!

Seriously, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better since the surgery. I had my GB removed 4 years ago and I would recommend that you be careful when eating rich or fatty foods, that caused awful stomach cramps and diarrhea with me for the first year or so.

Good luck and happy healing!
    (And happy eating ... I'm so jealous, ha!)

Kat
  4. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Thank you all for your well wishes regarding my gallbladder surgery. I am doing very well so far. I am so happy to be eating again.
    ruby
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I hope you have a speedy recovery, Ruby.

I had my gallbladder out about 20 years ago -- the old-fashion way where they made a 12 inch incision across my side of stomach! Ugh! I had tons of stones.

Hugs,
    Janet
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Take it easy and rest so you'll be better soon! Terri
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

take care and get plenty of rest, dont push yourself.

Wish I had 20lbs to gain instead of to lose. lol. Think of all the lovely food you'll be able to eat.

love
    Rosie
  8. voiceteacher

voiceteacher New Member

that it worked as well for you as me! Let me add that SPICY foods are sometimes tough on you if you don't have stones but it was just function problems. I was able to get a nausea pill from my doctor just in case for the first month.

Good luck!
    Voice