Gallbladder's Coming Out On Tues.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Finally, the SNAFU with the ins. co. and hosp. is settled and I'm scheduled for surgery on the 31st. I can't wait to get it over with. I feel rotten today; it seems to be getting worse all the time. I'm eating a very low fat diet to try to keep the gb from acting up more.

I removed my naval ring last night. If I find I can't live without it, I'll get it repierced down the road but I'm not missing it right now. It's a small price to pay to feel better.

This will probably work out especially well for one of my girls to come down for a couple of days. If not, I have a friend who will take me and pick me up. I've heard the first two days are the roughest.

Thank you all who were asking about it for your concern and interest. It means a lot to me. You guys are great!

Love, Mikie
  2. Scapper

Scapper New Member

You are in my prayers woman!!!

Sorry to hear you're feeling crummy. I hope this is all over with as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Scapper

p.s. BTW, that picture in your profile is PRECIOUS -- I LOVE IT!!!
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Good luck on Tuesday, you'll be in my prayers, I'm glad you'll have someone with you while you recooperate...did I spell that right??? Oh well...Good luck.

I just reread your post..you have a navla ring???? Oh you brave woman...I wanted one and chikened out at the last minute, and as for the pic in your Bio...what a heart breaker.

Love to all, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 10/25/2006]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That's my grandson, Andy, when he was about seven months old. He looks just the same now but is getting into everything.

Thanks so much for your good wishes.

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We must have been posting at the same time. Thank you, too, for your kindness. I'm so tired I can hardly hold my head up. Think I'll go rest.

Love, Mikie
  6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad it will be over soon. Just focus on the positives, that you will likely begin to feel much better after the gb is out.

I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday and I wish you well.

Kathy
  7. meowee

meowee New Member

I had it done and it is a snap.

You will be home and feeling great really quickly.

God bless
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Mikie, I'll be thinking of you on the 31st. I'm sure it will go smoothly and you'll feel much better as a result!

.......you are one of the last people I would have expected to have a naval ring. I'm not sure why. ;.P

Marta
  9. darude

darude New Member

Let us know how you are when you can and the best of luck!!
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really appreciate your good wishes. I am just so excited that the SNAFU is fixed and we can get on with it.

I got the navel ring in my younger, thinner days. Still, I was well into middle age. I don't know why I wanted it but I loved it so much. I can always get it repierced but no one sees my navel but me anymore. I actually got it for me and not for anyone else to see. It's near the third chakra, close to what is considered one's spirital center. It always felt kind of spiritual to me.

I use stone and crystals for healing and forecasting. I have a deck of crystal cards to use for the forecasting. I am always amazed at how accurate they reflect what is going on in my life. I was a little late doing the last quarter of the year but it showed that healing is the central issue during this period. The card which came up was Seraphinite. I stopped at a little New Age book store and found a Seraphinite and silver pendant. It's beautiful and I'm wearing it. It's supposed to have healing properties.

While I was doing the forecast, I was listening to the Soundscapes music channel on cable. One of the Merlin's Magic albums was playing with the song, "Angel Helpers." I went online and ordered the album so I can listen to it to relax and heal following the surgery.

I cover all my bases. While I have had excellent results from traditional Western medicine, I have also had great results with alternative healing methods, including prayer, meditation, healing music, and my stones and crystals.

Thanks again, everyone.

Love, Mikie
  11. jole

jole Member

Bless you, and have a speedy recovery!! You really caught us all off guard with your little naval ring. What other secrets have you been keeping?????????? LOL

I love the way you cover all your bases. You shouldn't have a worry in the world, girl!

Friends - Jole
  12. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Prayin For you.. for a safe surgery and quick and full recovery.

Have to say didn't peg you for a navel ring kind of gal LOL

Sincerely
    JL
  13. ckball

ckball New Member

HI- sorry to hear about your surgery. I had it done a couple years ago and went to Lowe's the next day, a freind drove me because I was medicated.

I felt so much better after I had mine out- I had stones.

I'll say a prayer and I think it is cool about your crystals and cards. I use to go to a New Age store for meditaion, drumming, labryrinth sp? when I live in VA. I don't think one exists anyhwere with a 100 miles of where I live now.

Good luck, we will be waiting to hear your home and doing great-Carla
  14. janie056

janie056 New Member

I hope you remember me, I've been off the boards for about six months.
    My prayers and thoughts are with you, good luck with everything, I'm sure it will be fine.
    I had my third back surgery this past April, and did ok, but my recovery is not as good as we had hoped for. I have to see the doc on Friday and he is going to schedule another MRI and another test to see how much nerve damage has been done.
    The good news is I finally won my disability case after four years!!

Love and Hugs,
    Jane
  15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had to run to potty everytime i ate something for a couple of months. really need to stay near potty.. i lost 10lbs in one week. but of course i was on prednisone for 6 months and should have never been on it to begin with..

thank god i got a second opinion.

good luck and you wil lbe fine.

i had my spleen out the same time as gb. said i would be in hosipital for 7=10 days. i was home in 2 days.

i had cut from navel to my sternum.

jodie
  16. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

Hi Mikie, I am sorof new hear. I will send some prayers tho and be hoping you will feel so much better and relieved after this is over. You are a great friend here and I hope to get to know you better. Oh so soft hugs, Penny

P.S. Your grandson IS very adorable.
  17. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Mikie,

Good luck to you with your surgery and recovery. I was so relieved after surgery and each day there were noticeable improvements in terms of healing. I went to the hospital earlier than scheduled because I needed hydration to stay conscious. I also was allowed to use compazine supposit.
    I will be sending you happy caring thoughts.
    ruby
  18. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Dear Mikie,

I'm so glad you can get it over with and move on. Since you're having it done on Halloween, I bet the hospital will be decked out in fun Halloween decor, which hopefully will distract you just a teesny bit.

Just a few more days to gut out the discomfort and you will feel so much better! I hope you have a much better day tomorrow. You will be in my prayers.

Love, Erika
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really appreciate all you support and good advice. I'm so happy for everyone who recovered from this surgery and pray for anyone who did not.

I've been on a very low-fat diet and don't know why I felt so sick yesterday. I am having trouble sleeping and was up at 4:30 this morning. I feel slightly antsy. My doc ordered a WBC and other tests when this started and it was normal. The surgeon thinks that the gb is inflammed but not infected. If he cannot remove it with the laproscope, he will have to do the big incision. He's pretty confident that laproscopy will work.

I go in tomorrow for my pre-op checkup at the hosp. One more step toward getting better. I've decided to go as a surgical patient for Halloween. Y'all crack me up about the navel ring thing. There are a lot of women down here who have them; it's just that most of them probably aren't my age; or, there are a lot of us my age who don't bare our bellies any more.

Thanks again to all of you. I really appreciate all your good wishes.

Love, Mikie
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very sorry that your back surgery didn't seem to have helped as you had hoped it would. I keep you in my prayers. Congratulations on winning your SSD case. It should be a crime to have to wait four years. Mine took three and I thought that was awful. Please update us on what you find out.

Love, Mikie