Game 101: WHAT In The World?!?! (Sep 15)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

What in the world?

I have only one clue to give and that is that I have no clue :confused:
  2. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

It is made from metal and small. The holder is about the length of my thumb. I'm thinking it might be some kind of container to put in essential oils or something but that's just guessing. If anyone can find out what it is you will get everlasting fame :p

I was thinking it might also have to do something with henna tatoos... hmmmm I'm googling myself too. Have had this thing for about 20 years now I think and still haven't found out what it is for. Someone gave it to me because it reminded them of me but they had no clue what it is either.
  3. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Oooh look at this:
    That looks alike. I was googling on antique metail containers and this came up. This is a perfume bottle, maybe the thing I have is too, whaddayall think?
  4. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Now I googled on antique metal perfume bottle and this is one that came up. Does look alike doesn't it?
    Still looking to see if I can find the design that I have. It looks chromed and is pretty beaten up so probably not antique but still I have never come across anything like it in my life yet...
  5. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Oooooh I think I found it... :D It actually isn't a perfume bottle it's for something else... I'll leave it up to you lot to guess what it actually is. You should be able to find out with all the extra clues I gave by now. Now if you want any more clues feel free to ask, I know what it is now. I see you watching this thread :p.
  6. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Here is one more clue. Probably many of the ladies watching this have a modern version of this at home. I don't but I did have as a teen.
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Guten Morgen, Soul. Those clues are no good. How do we know how long you thumb is?
    Ha Ha! Does this thing have holes in it? Maybe it's an incense burner. The top part
    looks like the headdress for the soprano in the opera "Sadko" by Rimsky-Korsakov.

8. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Lol Rock you'll have to ask google how long my thumb is :p

Nice guess but NO it's not an incense burner. I didn't have an incense burner as a teen though I do have those now. I'm guessing there are more ladies on here who have the modern version of this then that there are ladies on here who have an incense burner... ;)

Here is another image giving away a little more:
  9. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

You are right, it does look like her headdress. It's much much smaller though. But it does look like she used what this is... o_O
    It isn't Russian though. More down to the south :p
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Oh, that's a good guess, Diane. Maybe that's a pic of coal Soul posted. The picture I have
    of soprano Adelaide Saraceni has a headdress that looks more like the top of the mystery
    object. I think maybe Adelaide's is made with feathers though.

Regarding thumb size, Soul, I looked for a Bible reference. All I could find was Bibles with
    a thumb index. But the cubit is in the Bible. (See Noah.) That, however, involves the
    middle finger rather than the thumb.

11. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Woohooo Diane hit the nail on the head. Kohl it is. Surmadani is the name of the item and it is used to store kohl or kajal in and to apply it with.
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

Soul - that's so neat that you finally learned what your antique container is!

I love containers of all sorts. My husband bought me beautifully painted boxes from India as a gift once. Intricate patterns in gold and black and orange and greens.

Soul - I'm hoping at some point that you and Diane can teach me how to post pics for the games, or at least to start, bring things from youtube like you do. Is it hard?

13. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Judy your Dutch is spotless :D

I posted a tutorial on how to create a game right here:
    I can't say whether it is hard or not. To some it might be hard to others it might be easy or anything in between. Just give it a try and you'll find out for yourself! :)

And Diane and others please do let me know if things are unclear and can be explained in an easier way.