Game 103: WHAT In The World?!?! (Sep 15)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

What in the world?
    Oh wait... I think I even forgot the word in Dutch, let alone the word in English, LOL, but it'll come back to me soon I'm sure. Oh there it is... now I only have to see if it translates differently.
    You'll be amazed what this is unless of course you already know :p It's about the purple one only.
    game.jpg
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Looks like a mating of a thistle and a cactus. Probably wouldn't make a good corsage.

Rock
  3. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

It does look like a thistle flower but it is quite a few thumbs bigger :p I wouldn't want it as a corsage either. You are close though, the description says it IS a variety of a species of thistle, I didn't know that :eek:
    Thistle isn't what I'm looking for though. Nor cactus...
  4. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

It grows to 1.4–2 m (4.6–6.6 ft) tall. The flower heads about 8–15 cm (3.1–5.9 in) diameter.
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

is that a purple passion flower? Or a protea?
  6. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Nope not a passion flower and I don't know what a protea is so will have to check that first. Think food... ;)
  7. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Nope not a protea, but they do look alike!
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

An artichoke flower?

Judy
    Soul* likes this.
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

What's the matter with you people? Doncha know a protea is the opposite of an antitea?
    Serially, we used to have passion flowers in our backyard. They are spectacular
    and full of religious symbolism.

Rock
  10. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

WOOOHOOO Judy, YES it's an Artichoke!

You won a free tutorial on how to place videos and pics for games on here and we are looking forward to welcome you as one of the hosts of DA GAMES :D (I'll try and make some tutorials on the how to board later and will link to it) The more people posting games the merrier if you ask me.

Sips tea... :rolleyes: and looks all innocent, noone should know I'm an active part of the protea association.... The antitea association won't be happy if they do... :cool:
  11. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

12. windblade

windblade Active Member

Wow - it really is an artichoke! I recognized the fleshy leaves, but have never seen a flower that big. I've seen the ones that look like purple thistles. Had to look it up after I guessed. :) (Can't get my color out of the gray tones.) How do you make it stay black?:(

Oh dear this all started when I tried to make my print larger - easier to read.

The artichoke is a 'Globe Artichoke'. One flower can be about 5" and are edible too.

Soul - I can't believe you typed out that whole tutorial. Dank je wel! I don't know if I can learn or not, but I certainly want to try.

Dag, Judy
    Soul* likes this.