Game 111: WHAT In The World?!?! (Sep 18)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Credit for this game goes to Diane, she suggested me this topic.
    So WHAT WHERE and WHY in the world. Bonus points go to those who make up stories that sound credible but aren't :p
    game2.jpg
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

The people were shrunk by alien space-rays and placed on a marbleized table.

Judy
    rockgor and Soul* like this.
  3. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

And the first points are claimed by Judy *APPPLAUSE*
    There are two words in her comment that start with the right letter for this WHAT...

:D
  4. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

I think Judy's got it.

If not, they may be giant water lilies from S. America. I came across something
    similar yesterday while searching for a small, brown bird.

Rock
  5. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

If the people are shrunk maybe the waterlilies are not so giant... Though they would make a nice decoration on an alien marbleized table I'm sure! The waterlilies that is... not the people... way to messy :p

Rock the first letter of the WHERE country IS in your where so you get points for that too and for the stylish design idea of course, I'm sure the aliens can use some advise on style.
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

An innovative golf course in Saudi Arabia.

Judy
    Soul* likes this.
  7. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Judy Wow, the aliens made a golf course on that marbleized table in Saudi Arabia??? :eek:
    I guess that means they come in peace right ;)

The starting letter of the WHERE country is not in your where by the way :p But it is in your comment.
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

Aaaaargghhhhh :mad:
  9. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Are you practicing for talk like a pirate day Judy? That's tomorrow :p
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

Yes, I'm turning into a frustrated pirate!!??

Any clues, please?????
  11. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Here is another picture of the Alien golf course on the marble table decorated with giant water lilies :p

game.jpg
    So far we know that the:
    #3 WHAT starts with T P or S
    #5 #7 WHERE country starts with S A M E R I or C

Then there is a bonus clue for the WHY: It has to do with minerals...
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

13. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Nope not Ethiopia and the starting letter isn't in your guess either... so that leaves....

drum-role...... C
  14. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

[​IMG]
    Another WHERE clue: The where is nine kilometres west of a town that can be made with the letters O o o o s s y

Another WHAT clue: The name I am looking for is actually simply an English description of what you see.

The lesser known name (for bonus points) is formed with the letters i K k l l u
  15. bct

bct Member

I think they are salt ponds.

b.
  16. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Oooh you are close Barry, yes they are minerals, loads of them. The highest concentration to be found on earth. This should give you a REAL good clue to find the WHAT WHERE and WHEN.
  17. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

I'll check back tomorrow wrapping up for today. Take care y'all ;)
  18. windblade

windblade Active Member

Nope - can't find it. Have been lost in the salt mines all day.

And never knew there were so many minerals!

I think Soul and Diane won:confused:

An exhausted Judy
  19. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Awww Judy, hope you didn't push yourself too hard, these games are for enjoyment, not to frustrate and exhaust. I agree, Diane did a great job with this topic :D

Well I guess it does add an on topic practice that way, to not push ourselves over the edge but knowing where to stop ;) I know how tempting it can be to push on but being forceful about things usually isn't the healthy choice.

I'm amazed that it hasn't been found yet, but thats easy for me to say being on the side who knows the answers.

The easiest way to find things is go to google and click images so your search will show you only images that you can match.

I'll show you what you can find with only the clues given on this thread:
    #3 Tells you it starts with T P or S. What do you see on the picture in #1 that starts with a T P or S. I see people but it's not about the people, I see puddles and I see spots, strange spots. If I google on strange giant spotted puddles landscape with people this is one of the matching pictures I get:
    [​IMG]
    Clicking that picture in google will lead you to the answer.

#11 Googling for strange mineral lake will lead to this picture that will also lead to the answer:
    [​IMG]

If you google on nine kilometers west mineral one of the first pictures will give away the answer to WHAT and clicking that image will lead you to the other answers too.

#16 If you google on 'highest concentration of minerals on earth' you get a whole lot of similar images that all lead to the answer:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] including the original picture posted.

Another option would also be to use the alternative name clue on #16 and just combine the letters i K k l l u in all possible combinations and put those in the image search. The possibilities are limited since from the capital K you can know it has to start with a K and often misspellings will still lead you to the right result.

Withs these clues all spelled out you should now be able to find the name. I think it will make you chuckle once you find the name. It seems so obvious once you know it. :)
    Simply describing what you see is often the best way to find what you want to find.
  20. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

So to sum it up, we are still looking for:
    WHAT: starts with P S or T (all these letters are in it too) and describes what you see. And a less known name for it can be made with the letters i K k l l u
    WHERE: In a country that starts with a C, nine kilometres west of a town that can be made with the letters O o o o s s y
    WHY: has to do with minerals

And post #19 describes exactly what words you could google on to find it.