Game 114: WHAT In The World?!?! (Sep 21)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Something green for you all to enjoy.
    game.jpg
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Soul

I thought such a distinctive bird would be easy to find, but it didn't turn out that way. I
    got images of every kind of bird in the world plus Birdseye frozen foods, dogs, people,
    pottery, jewelry, and buildings, both exterior and interior.

I'll make one more try, but I can't keep this up. My mouse hand is turning into claw.

Awk! Awk!

Rock
  3. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Lol Rock, exactly my thought too when I first saw this picture but when I googled on green bird it didn't show up so I thought this could be a nice challenge for you all :)

Feel free to ask questions or buy a vowel. I'll gladly give clues here and there though I'm about to sign of for today. There is no rush in solving these games though, googling can be enjoying and informative even if you don't find the answer you where actually looking for straight away. ;)

Here is a free clue:
    [​IMG]
  4. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Ha Ha! Maybe it's the green turaco. I found a picture of one before, but it had dark
    areas on the crest and lower body. Now I found a another picture with the dark
    coloring, but the caption says "Banana eating bird". Anyhoo, that's my bestus guess.

Speaking of vowels, how many does the Dutch alphabet have? I read the Norwegians have
    three more than we do.

Rock
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

I think it's the ' Green crested Turaco.

Same orange, black and white eye markings.

You're right Soul, it is so interesting the odd and new things we find when googling.

Just saw that Rock guessed this. Rock, your poor mouse-turning claw is avenged. You sound like an owl with it's prey.

Not sure what bananas or plantains have to do with it. Going to look up translation of Turaco.

Fun Game, Soul!

Judy
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Just found that the bird family Musophagidae means banana-eaters.

And the bird is from Africa. Such beautiful coloring.

Judy
  7. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

what a gorgeous bird. Even his feet look green!
  8. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi SG, Yes, the feet look green now, but as the bird ripens with age, they will turn yellow.

WB, I came across several sites where people were asking if their bird could eat bananas.
    I would just give my bird a banana slice and see what happened. Surely there's noting
    toxic in a banana. Is there? Well, maybe if it lives in Springfield.

Rock
  9. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Woohooo We have two winners!!! Rock and Judy. Well done you two!!!