Game 124: WHAT In The World?!?! (Oct 2)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

What in the world? Looks like a coconut to me but isn't :p
    [​IMG]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Looks like geodes or geodites to me. The Norman Simon Museum in Pasadena has
    a nice display of minerals. If you watch the Rose Bowl Parade, you see the Museum.
    It's right where the parade turns to go East down Colorado Blvd.

Rock
    Soul* likes this.
  3. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

YAY Rock, ofcourse you should know with such a name :p

Yes it's a geode or actually this is a nodule not a geode, a geode would have a cavity inside, those that are solid like this are called nodules.

But what kind of nodule?
  4. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

YAY Happy birthday Diane, it looks magical huh!

It's an Ethiopian Opal nodule.
  5. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

LOL This one is not for sale at this moment. Others asked too :p
  6. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Opal shows up in the crosswords. The clue is usually something like "October's stone".
    I wonder if Oprah's name was supposed to be Opal, and it got misspelled. Did you
    know Harpo Marx had a production company when he and his brothers were movie
    stars. He called the company Oprah.

Soul, what do you mean you drew your lion on your phone? I believe I am one of
    only 14 people in the country who doesn't have a cell phone. (Are cell phones,
    smart phones, I phones, portable phones, Blueberries, Blacktooths, all the same
    thing?)

Gordon finally got a cellphone 3 years ago cause he siblings kept telling him he needed it.
    It rang a few times when I was home alone with it. I couldn't figure out how to answer
    the silly thing. Just picking it up and saying, "Hello" was, like, totally insufficient. Ya
    know what I mean?

With regard to rocks, here is something I recently came across. A rock is like a car. A
    mineral is like the things that make up the car. The glass, the metal, the plastic, etc.

Rock
  7. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Rock, I'm new to the smartphone business too :p I only got it this year. I still have trouble picking it up too B) I need to swipe the green hook out of a circle to answer.

For smartphones you can download apps that can do all sorts of things. I made this drawing on a drawing app. Smartphones have a touch screen so it is like drawing with your finger.

I think cellphones are a synonym for mobile phones and portable phones, though house phones that are wireless probably are called portable too. Smart phones are more advanced in that they are more like mini computers that you can also internet on etc. iPhones are from the apple company and have a different operating system.

Blackberries are a type of smartphone and bluetooth is a way for it to communicate wirelessly.

I only started learning all about computers when I got sick and was in bed a lot. I just started clicking each and every button and menu on it and slowly found out more and more.