Game 141: WHAT In The World?!?! (Oct 21)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Game suggestion by my mother, I have no clue what this plant is called but you google miracles can find it I am sure!

[​IMG]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Soul

Looked at hundreds of photos of low growing plants with yellow flowers. Couldn't
    find the one in question. Probably not surprising as I read there are over 225,000 species
    of plants that have been described and cataloged. And even more not yet cataloged.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if Barry can enlighten us.

Remember the song " Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"?

Big hit when I was in college half a century ago.

Rock
  3. bct

bct Member

Wow, this is a hard one! I wish I could see it closer. It reminds me of some sedums I have seen, but then I think Artemisia..... I really have no other ideas. o_Oo_Oo_O?

Barry
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

A very nice plant but I haven't a clue. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in calif.
  5. bct

bct Member

I want to see the flowers UP CLOSE!

PLEASE. I beg you, dear Soul....

Barry
  6. sunflowergirl

Barry......to me they look like buds instead of opened flowers.
  7. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Rock, yes I remember that song LOL

Barry, it are just buds now, not actually flowers yet but I'll make another picture when I am at my moms again. For now you'll just have to zoom in.

The leafs have a tiny white edge and it's in a backyard in the Netherlands so Europe if that helps...
  8. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

I might be on to something but not sure yet either... take a look if you want: Pachysandra
  9. bct

bct Member

Well now that I've zoomed, the leaves remind me of Arabis.... Is the tit real?

LOL's, Barry
  10. sunflowergirl

11. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

No it's a fake tit LOL
    I'll check your link Sun, I was thinking maybe Pachysandra terminalis 'Variegata' since it doesn't seem to be a sedum to me leafwise but I'll check your ideas.
  12. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Thanks you all, I'll have to take a break now and check all your great leads tomorrow, we do seem to be on to things, to be continued.
  13. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

I checked on Artemisia but that doesn't seem to be it. Arabis caucasica does look a bit like it but don't think that is it either... The sedum frosty morn seems more dense in leafs and more hairy type leafs... Pachysandra terminalis 'Variegata' looks a lot like it but I'm not sure about the flowers. I'll send our results to my mom to see what she thinks...
  14. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Soul,

Is your new elephant avatar a painting of yours? Or an llustrator?

Looks like it would be wonderful for a children's book illustration.

Judy
  15. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

It's an image I made on a drawing app on my telephone Judy. Inspired on a little elephant picture that was found online though. The basic shape at least, not the attire. The right one is the previous version I made first. The left one is the original as found online.
    olifantje.jpg [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  16. windblade

windblade Active Member

Soul - I like what you did with it! Your line-work has more originality to it. And the orange color, hat and spider.:) Has such a good feeling to it - whimsical and cheery, like your lion drawing.

Would be good on a card too. Do you have any more drawings from your phone app.? I see a definite style there.

p.s. Do you know how I can keep my font bigger? It types out large, then shrinks when posted.

Judy
  17. windblade

windblade Active Member

haha - the last post the type stayed big. Figures.

Going back to rest - came down with mold-related illness again from our hurricane /flooded books I was trying to save. Had to throw away about 3/4 of all my books! They were such loved companions - collected them for 40 years. Someone had even come and carried away 24 boxes to be cleaned by special vacuuming, and microwaving. A very kind volunteer.

Didn't work though. And must put my health first.

Catch ya later,
    Judy
  18. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Take care Judy, yes I have almost 100 drawings I made on the phone by now. I have issues with the font too but have simply adjusted my browser to show everything big no matter what. You can see all the tags I made on here http://spray-can.com/artists/961110 if all is well. Feel better!
  19. bct

bct Member

Well what the heck is the plant? I have been on tenterhooks for days now!

Barry :(
  20. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Lol patience dear Barry, my mom is gonna look into it but is a very active lady so hasn't had time yet. Fact is that noone really knows yet... I've sent her all our suggestions. Maybe someone else can post a new game in the meantime.