Game 148: WHAT In The World?!?! (Nov 3)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

In trying to find Diane's picture I came accross this one, shouldn't be to hard to find and you might already know it.

What, Where and by Whom in the world... ?
    game.jpg
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Soul

Just woke up. I found a pic of the spider with no information regarding same.

Then I found another pic with this:

The 37-tonne beast heralds the start of a five-day piece of street theatre as part of the Capital of Culture year. It has been built by French company La Machine, which in 2006 brought the streets of London to a standstill with the Sultan's Elephant.

The spider is believed to be "waking up" on Friday.

It will descend from its current position on the side of Concourse House on Thursday to be moved to the city's new arena, before coming to life on Friday. The creature will then begin exploring the city later that evening.

The building is in Liverpool, England; scheduled to be demolished soon. Could that spider
    really weigh 37 tons? That would mean a lot of trouble and money required to move it around. I think 37 tons must be a misprint.

Be tough to be a spider mama, wouldn't it? Imagine knitting socks for all those
    feet.

Rock
    Soul* likes this.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Well, I found more pics and info. For some reason the URL will not copy. But if you look
    for

La Princesse in Liverpool

you can find multiple sites with info. and pics. According to one source, this project cost 1.8 million pounds. When I was a kid, an English pound was worth five dollars. Nowadays it's more like $1.60.

If Robert the Bruce had seen this spider, it might have frightened him to death rather than
    inspiring him to resume the fight.

Rock
    Soul* likes this.
  4. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Way to go Rock!!! Yep this is her highness the Princess :p Wouldn't like to find this on a building I live in :D