Game 156: WHAT In The World?!?! (Nov 23)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Who where what in the world?

game.jpg
  2. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

3. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

I believe these metallic creatures live in the garden of R2D2 and C3PO. Couldn't find
    anything relevant, Soul. Even though I hopped all over the net looking. Time to fly.
    Nap time.

Rock

(Wonder why the font won't change. Computers! Sigh.)
  4. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Yep garden of R2D2 and C3PO is correct Rock, but where do they have their garden and who put them there :p

Uhm... Diane Nope, not UK and not P.P. either... It's E.M. from F

He is from Europe though...

game.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  5. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Oooh, by the way you are right, his work IS in UK right now though he is not from there... but his name is not P.P.... One other clue is that he does not solder or weld parts. His sculptures are screwed together.

game.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Edouard Martinet is the artist's name. They are fascinating assemblages made from bits of everything: spoons, typewriter parts, cars, glasses. And they are about 3'big! I used to do drawings of insects and always thought they looked like miniature sculptures. I'm glad that R2D2 and CP30 have such interesting creatures in their garden.

Your whimsical imagination is a delight, Rock. Oh, did you catch the 'Uff Da Palace' in Minnesota in Diane's games yesterday? It was in the series of sculpures made of woven branches. You are the only one I've ever heard that said that phrase - gave me a good laugh to find it there.

The insects remind me of the Picasso Goat that I visited a lot at MOMA -(Museum of Modern Art) in their sculpture garden. It is the essence of Goat. His were assemblages - I remember some pieces were made from bicycle handles and parts of cars and toys. We would now call them Re-purposing. They called them 3-D collage.

Going to put this artist in My Favorites to keep track of also. It makes me feel good too, Soul when people use things for such inventive, creative use instead of the consumer/throw away mentality.

Thanks for this game Soul. Also loved your carob, coconut recipes. I eat sweets very sparingly, but you gave me some tasty ideas. Love coconut flavor.

Greetings to all,
    Judy
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

Oh - and the where. He is French, and shows his work internationally.
  8. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

YAY, we have a winner, congrats Judy!
    And the semi winners are Diane for UK where a gallery shows his work and Rock for pinpointing the exact garden :p

Here is the link to his website with more of his work: http://www.edouardmartinet.net/sculptures.php
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

You guys and gals are so with it with these games. I haven't even been able to get all my exercises done. : ( ! Very interesting pictures, all of you.

One of these days I may get back to the games again. It is fun but takes TIME which I don't seem to have that much of lately.

Diane - Hope you are feeling well or better than you had been.

Soul and awl - Hope all is well with all of you . Have a great day and hope you aren't freezing like I am today and the last few days. This will be going on for awhile, I think.

Love to awl,
    Granni
  10. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Judy

Never before heard of Edward Martinet, Patrick Dougherty, the Uff-da Palace, or the Minnesota Arborteum. This teaches us that no matter how old we get, we can always be immature.

Uff-da, BTW, is an all purpose Norskie exclamation. One might say it after dropping one's
    gum in the chicken pen; or hearing an Ole and Lena joke for the 40th time; or trying to
    dance the polka while the band is playing rock; or watching your son make a touchdown;
    or discovering there's no more Jello at the church supper, or reading that the current
    blizzard will be followed by another one shortly; or arriving home to find folks are
    busy rolling out fresh lefse.

At our house we have two Uff-da refrigerator magnets, obtained at Norwegian Heritage
    Fairs and similar high class affairs.

Ha det bra (That's Norskie for "have it good".)
    Rock

PS, nice puzzle, Soul. I'm surprised nobody complained that it "bugged" them Judy, Picasso's
    goat looks pretty scrawny. Like many depictions of Don Quixote. Back in 1960 I took a course
    on Picasso at the U of Wisconsin. Pictures from his days as an art student showed he could
    draw like a camera if he wanted to.