Game 157: WHAT In The World?!?! (Nov 30)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

What and where in the world... It isn't what it seems to be...
    [​IMG]
  2. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Are you sure you know Diane? What country did you have in mind then? I can say it starts with a T.
    Had to look up Aegan... :p Yep it's close to that though googling mainly gives aeroplanes...

Feel free to give out clues Diane.

I can say it's the country where Santa Claus and tulips originally come from and it isn't the North Pole.
    Also it isn't cold, on the contrary. And we had a floor that was called after that... also starts with a T.

But the name of the What starts with a P and means cotton castle... now if that isn't a give away...
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  3. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

4. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

And you can't ice skate on it :p
  5. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Looks like you don't have to share your Baklava and coffee Diane :p

I'll declare you the winner but we can leave it unanswered in case someone wants to play after all.
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Soul and Diane. Had fun following your clues.

It's the Pamukkale Terraces in Turkey. The water is warm and the icy looking stuff is a mineral - travertine.

Now I'm going to look up travertine, and see why this is closed to the public.

Hugs, Judy
  7. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Wooohoooo and we have another winner, congrats Judy!!!

Just imagine what tourisme does to places, if people are allowed to go there and bath it will be polluted in no time. They will picknick there, leave behind their junk, carve their names in it, mine the stuff for home use.

Humans are a dangerous species, wherever they go they destroy :p
  8. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

It's protected now Diane. So people can't go there. Just look from a distance.
    I found another interesting one. Will post in a bit.