Game 56: WHAT In The World?!?! (Aug 22 Animals)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

See if you can find the names of these two cuties and impress me!

[​IMG]

Feel free to ask questions, I can imagine this is going to be very hard otherwise... One hint I can give is that they are brother and sister and this is a very recent picture...
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Are their names heffalump one and heffalump two? Looks like Christopher Robin hiding beneath
    number one's ear.

Rock
    Soul* likes this.
  3. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Christopher Robin might be right but they aren't purple enough to be heffalump one and two. You might want to search for a more distant relative of the heffalumps. By the way I tried if I could find them with google in English and I could.... :p
  4. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

If I'd give you the link where the names can be found you'd find it to be a no brainer... but that's easily said for an elephant lover :p Still there is a clue in this and I'll even reveal that it is a .net site and that this lovely couple is in the Netherlands.... They have the exact same mother and father and the little boy isn't 1 year old yet and his sister is 4 if I remember correctly. They where born in the same month... Good luck Sherlock and Sherly Holmes's :D If you want a more specific location clue you could check here. Oh and they both have a trunk and haven't met Roy Rogers. Hope I'm not giving it away now...
  5. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Yep you are missing something, that's what I first got too until searched a little more directed :p
    Think what type of elephant
    Think zoo
    Think database...
    Almost giving it away, don't stress about it, doesn't have to be solved today, it is supposed to be fun right :D
  6. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

well I found out that he was born in July at the Emmen Zoo weighing 220 lbs (average size) but as of yet according to internet unnamed. 25th birth of an Asian elephant at this zoo. They must be doing something right!
  7. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Sunflower girl, you are getting closer but it's a different Zoo. And this one was a tiny one, only 154 lb's. His sister was small at birth too. Rock was right about their names starting with the same letter and being pretty similar. Also these little ones are born in November...

She is not kicking the baby by the way, just trying to make it stand up and start breathing.
    And they are of the same type of elephant as the one in Emmen I think...
  8. sunflowergirl

well I think I may have narrowed it down to Blijdorp Zoo but still can't find names
  9. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Well, I thought the video might be the Trigger but my computer doesn't have the right battery size or
    something, so couldn't see it. Anyhoo, I found baby elephants in Emmen (as did SG) and also in Oregon,
    St. Louis, Ft Worth, Israel, and Florida. But didn't find siblings or the same pic.

Since they have small ears, they must be Indian aka Asian elephants.

When my mother was about 70 we went to the Ringling Bros. circus. At her request we rode on an
    elephant. Somehow they are taller when you are atop them.

Rock
    Soul* likes this.
  10. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Rock you are spot on on the Asian Elephants. That will help you find them together with the other clues I gave. They aren't in Blijdorp though. Try a Dutch zoo even closer to the beginning of the alphabet. The cam link gives away the location even if you can't watch it.
  11. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Oooh if you where to guess K and K you would be probably on their backs :D
  12. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Big Elephant hug to Sherly Holmes :D

[​IMG]
  13. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

By the way Diane, you CAN actually tell google not to search for clothes. Just enter -clothes in the search ;)
  14. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi All - coming in late on this.

Just found at Amersfoot Zoo Kina, the sister. mother Indra, and going to look up the other K name that Diane said.

Loved the elephant birth video, Soul!

Judy
    Soul* likes this.
  15. windblade

windblade Active Member

Brother's name is Kyan - going back to watch more videos on them. Love baby elephants, and wisdom of elders.

Judy
    Soul* likes this.
  16. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Tusk, tusk. Sound the trumpet of victory for Judy.

Nice going, Windblade.
    Soul* likes this.
  17. sunflowergirl

congratulations to Judy and also to Diane who didn't want to give the answer. Judy, I read the book "the elephant whisperer" and loved it. You may also have seen the thing on youtube about him. He died about 7 months ago and his wild herd just "knew" and came for 3 days to pay respect to him and then quietly left again. I also loved the video of the mama elephant giving birth. Cute how his sister would do the same thing with her foot to stir up dirt to make the baby move and breathe.
    Soul* likes this.
  18. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Woooohoooo Judy and Diane got it spot on, congrats ladies!!! Thanks everyone for playing!

I love watching this family, the boy is quite a rascal. They have 4 elephant cams up 24/7 on their group and though I missed the birth itself I did see the afterbirth (not as pretty as the actual one LOL, but interesting to see what they did with it nevertheless). It's fun to follow them every now and then. On the cam link just change the number to 1 2 3 or 4 if you want to see if you can find them. They are outside (1) a lot. You will need to refresh the page every 5 minutes or will be directed to the Cam company. Cam 2 and 1 don't seem to be working right now on the direct line but you could always check on their website. There are four elephants living together and the bull (not the father) is living in a separate part not on camera. There is Kine WarWar who is the grandmother. She has a dimple on her right butt and is the biggest one. She comes from Indonesia if I remember correctly where she was a working elephant. That is why you see her sway more often then the others since she took that habbit. Then there is Indra the mother who's spine is best visible. Then there is sister Kina and little brother Kyan. The bull's name is Chamundi, he has only one tusk but is on a seperate place not on cam.