Game 90: WHAT In The World?!?! (Sep 6)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

What and where in the world. Small detail, I've been there...
    Wonder how fast you'll be able to find it, no clue how familiar it is.
    game.jpg
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

I think it's India - from the sculpures carved in the columns.

Judy
    Soul* likes this.
  3. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Yes Judy, thats right. Now to find where and what in India :p
    game.jpg
    Nice detail, this place is dedicated to the One who steals your heart.
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

5. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

games.jpg
    Nope not Ganesh :D You may want to forget who it is dedicated too, it doesn't give that information online. It's just the translation of the name...

So translating the word heart to hindi might help you along the way but looking for the material and type of building might get you there faster...
  6. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

The people who made it have non violence as an important principle to quite a great extent and the location is in a state where the kings used to have their summer palaces... Good luck, I'll check back tomorrow and will leave some more clues if necessary...
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

Soul - you've been to India - that's so exciting! How long ago, and where did you visit? LOL - not sneakily looking for clues.

Couldn't be the Taj Mahal?

The carvings look like ivory. But could be marble.

I'm out of brain power and NRG for now. Had company. Going to sleep for awhile. I'm sure I'll be dreaming of palaces and temples!

Catch ya later, Judy
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Soul. The pic is of a Jain Dilware Temple in Mount Abu, Rajasthan. All carved in intricate marble. Built by Chalukya. I saw the photo, the one with the blue and white diamond tiles, but my laptop won't bring back sites to click on. Permanent glitch.

Beautiful palace - did you visit there?

Judy
    Soul* likes this.
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

Yes, this is the Vimal Vasahi Temple (out of the 5 Jain temples there).

Judy
  10. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Judy, Dilwara Temple Mount Abu is spot on. Must have been about 20 years ago that I was there. It's marble. Well done, I'm impressed about your googling powers!