Game 99: WHAT In The World?!?! (Sep 12)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

What, where and why in the world?
    It's not because Diane is going to post game 100 soon :p
    game.jpg
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

This is a tricky one, Soul. I've been googling, but no luck. Do you have a clue?

Judy
  3. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Yes this is a very tricky one Judy. Here are a few clues related to this one.
    677.jpg

game.jpg

The paint on the one I posted on the beginning of this thread is still wet so won't be easy to find.

Think what kind of animal it is and what is on it's head.
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Soul - found the gigantic rubber duck floating on the Loire River in France. Gave me a smile.

And the upside down rabbit in Sweden. Good clues.

Artist's name is Florentijn Hofman.

Still looking for the first one.

Judy
    Soul* likes this.
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Found on his facebook page the finished piece. Painted - animal lying upside down in city.

But the only other site of recent work I would have to join.:(

Judy
    Soul* likes this.
  6. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Folks, I've seen that rubber ducky before. Is that party hat in pic one part of the sculpture or
    something a prankster added? Is that brown thing a rabbit? Looks more like an ardvark.
    Well, one thing is sure. These creatures weren't on the Ark.

Rock
    Soul* likes this.
  7. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Judy well done! Both for finding the artist and the facebook links. No need to join facebook or that site to find more pictures. Just click the news link on top of his page that will get you there. The subscribing for news is just to receive email updates if news is posted. Not to be able to actually see it.

There are other sites that have published pictures and such too. It might get you there faster though by using the dutch word for the sculpture which is also in the facebook text that google shows you...

I didn't say it was going to be easy :p And Rock wanted to use the Dutch speaking part of his computer so here ya go :D

Yes Rock, Aardvark it is and partyhat is part of the sculpture and part of the WHY.

If you google giant aardvark partyhat sculpture the name of the sculpture in English will be in bold and the word right in front of that will be the Dutch translation. If you google on that Dutch word you will find a lot more information. And then google translate might even be able to tell you the WHY.

OOOOOOHHHH :rolleyes:

Diane hope you are doing well!
  8. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Woohooo Diane. Yes you found the what and where but not the why yet :D
  9. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Not just close but you are THERE.
    YAY Well done all!!!

This statue was presented by the zoo to the city of Arnhem for housing Burgers Zoo for 100 years. They let the artist pick the animal he wanted to make and the aardvark was it. It's in a public space and ment to be climbed on etc. The official opening of the piece was yesterday and the paint was still wet according to visitors asking the artist if the paint would come out of their clothes :p

[​IMG]

Kuddo's to all of you for coming up with so much information even though this was only on the Dutch news yesterday.
  10. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

I'm guessing google translate is still catching up since this was in the news only yesterday. In a few days from now the robots must have done a better job of roaming the web and catching up on it.

Yes I'm impressed by all of you for finding what you did and for identifying the animal.