gamma globulin injections ( misc rambling)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JulieO, Jun 8, 2006.

1. JulieO

JulieO New Member

Hi guys,
    I just did a search on this site (and some others) about the effectiveness of gamma globulin injections. I think I'm going to start getting them to boost my immune system. I've recently gone back to work and I notice that I'm getting sick a lot more frequently--probably just from being exposed to more people and illnesses. My doctor suggested getting these injections and indicated that some people get them every week.

This is my second time to come back to work after being on leave. The first time was back in September and I went back full time, working 10 hour days, and it ultimately made me much more sick. So, I had to go back on leave after a couple of months (very depressing).

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys have had experiences (good or bad) with the gammaglobulin injections. I was able to do a search and found a few past posts on the topic. It seems like some people have definitely benefited from them. I know the prices have increased tremendously in recent times, but my employer/disability company has offered to fully reimburse me for them (health insurance will not).

I am incredibly lucky to work for a really good company and they are doing everything they can to help me get back to work full time. Of course, it saves the insurance company $$ ultimately so that they don't have to pay disability, but at the same time, they are going above and beyond my expectations to help me to fully re-enter the workplace. Which I want to do--as much as I've struggled with not defining myself by work, it's still something that is really important to me. I'm trying to be more realistic about my limitations and I pretty much rest every moment that I can when not working.

Right now I'm on partial LTD, so I am working part time and being reimbursed for the hours that I don't work. I don't know if that is unusual or not, but I was surprised that they offered the benefit. I'm feeling a lot better (still not like a "normal" person), but better so I've been trying my hardest to go to work, even when I feel horrible. Usually I do okay. Today was one of those days I knew that I wouldn't.

Anyway, sorry I got a little off-topic there. I haven't posted in a while b/c I've been concentrating on work and rest!

I hope everyone is doing well (as well as possible for those with our condition(s), anyway) and I appreciate any input/info about the injections.

Much thanks!
    Julie
  2. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I was on Gamma Globulin injections for a very long time. Needless to say my rear was very sore.

They didn't help me but I hear they have helped others. Good luck with them and please do let us know how they've worked for you!

Take care,
    Hope
  3. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I was on Gamma Globulin injections for a very long time. Needless to say my rear was very sore.

They didn't help me but I hear they have helped others. Good luck with them and please do let us know how they've worked for you!

Take care,
    Hope
  4. JulieO

JulieO New Member

I'm sorry they didn't help you very much. I'm going to give it a go and will let y'all know if it helps.

My rear is already pretty sore from iron injections, so I guess we'll have to alternate cheeks or something :)

I guess I was hoping that everyone would post about how the injections have changed their lives, etc. (ha) Like all of us, I'm always hopeful when trying something new.
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

Only had (1) injection, back in 1990 or 91. Right after I got that first one, we started Desert Storm. The government put a ban on all gamma gobulin, so the military would have enough. I never noticed any effect from that one shot.
  6. JulieO

JulieO New Member

...wanted to bump up one more time. The boards move quickly these days!