Gamma Globulin Injections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Jul 31, 2006.

1. namow

namow New Member

I wonder how many of you have had the GAMMA GLOBULIN injections and the results, did you see a difference?? And how may times did you get them.

Is it safe???
  2. namow

namow New Member

Any answers to my question?
  3. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

made from blood. Dont you get them when you have an outbreak of hepititus (sp) and everyone lines up for a shot so that they dont get it?
    What are you getting them for?

Melinda
  4. namow

namow New Member

I a going to FFC and the dr. there wants me to have the injections.
    I have the EBV and HHV-6 and candida
  5. lucky

lucky New Member

My well recommended CFS doctor highly suggested to have gamma globulin injections last year for recurring infections which he wanted to get from a blood bank. However, after phoning him many times, he did not come over with any prescription. I was very disappointed and lost my trust in him and am not seeing him anymore.

Take care, Lucky

[This Message was Edited on 07/31/2006]
  6. namow

namow New Member

Wish me luck, I'm having the injection tomorrow! praying that this will be a good experience!
  7. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I had a gamma globulin test when I received a needle stick, from a dirty needle which had been used on a patient.

This patient had received all kinds of blood transfusions and products prior to when testing was improved, and would have been a primary candidate to have had any of the hepatitis types and or HIV. SHE REFUSED TO BE TESTED, SHE WAS AFRAID SHE WOULD GET IT FROM THE TEST. ANYONE THAT STUPID IS TOO STUPID TO SUPPORT THE HIV, FRANKLY.

I had to SWEAT IT OUT FOR A YEAR, BECAUSE OF THIS WOMAN'S STUPIDITY AND LACK OF ANY KIND OF DECENCY FOR ME.

I had received the Hepatitis B vaccine and my titer was high enough to protect me from that, but there wasn't a vaccine for Hepatitis C or HIV, so they gave me a gamma globulin shot to boost my immunity.

Had she been tested and shown to be HIV positive, THEY WOULD HAVE PUT ME ON DOSES, IN RATHER HIGH DOSES, OF THE CURRENT DRUGS IMMEDIATELY, FOR THREE TO SIX MONTHS, AS IT WAS FELT THAT IT INCREASED ONE'S CHANCES OF NOT BECOMING INFECTE. SINCE I DIDN'T HAVE THE RESULTS OF ANY TESTS FOR HER, THE MEDS COULDN'T BE JUSTIFIED.

However, I was tested every month for twelve months, and then at 18 months, and 24 months and never converted.

I have, however, had repeated and ongoing infections during the last nine months and I had received eight units of blood and three plasma and platelets in 2001, so I was tested for HIV and a bunch of things last week, and they just called this morning to say I WASN'T HIV, THANK GOODNESS, BUT MY IMMUNE SYSTEM IS NEARLY AS BAD.

My insurance changes tomorrow, so we will have to go through the approval for IV's and injections, for the next three months, but I intend to take it.

8. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

When I got sick in 93 (see my profile). I was on homehealth care for 12 weeks after spending 3 weeks in the hospital.

It toke a hour to receive the gamma IV. I hated it. I really think the nurse pushed it to fast and I wanted to die after the treatments, and couldnt tell they did any good. The IV has to be administrated slow.

But everyone is different. Good luck Brenda