Gap & Rainbow

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rafiki, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I have deleted the thread to which you replied.

I won't go into details here -you know them- but I don't want to invite innocent people into what is beginning to look like a brawl. I don't understand it. I've never seen anything like it. So much negativity. Too much!

Peace out,
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I finally understand what you are saying. So sad.

ETA I will delete my first post. Funny how things can be interpreted differently in the daylight.

I guess I did not see any posts after mine so was a bit confused. Not the first time, LOL.

Take care.

[This Message was Edited on 01/21/2009]
  3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I guess it is a challenge to everyone to practice compassion and non-judgment.

Be Peace
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

There is a movie out called Arranged about two teachers, one Conservative Jew and the other Muslim It is based on a true story.

Both their parents are looking for men to arrangi a marriage for the women which they do not want. I will not say anymore other than the prejudice they run into is not just the other religion and how they empower themselves without compromising their religious beliefs.

I thought the movie would be very predictable, but it is not.

It is a nice, sweet independent movie, low budget and shot in two weeks. It is very moving without being maudlin.

Very, very clever with a wonderful message.

I give it four thumbs up!!

Oh, yes, the name of the movie is called Arranged. You can rent it.

Almost forgot the most important part.

Take care.

5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I don't think you will regret watching this movie.

I just happened to find it in my wanderings on Netflix.

Enjoy the movie. Let me know what you think of it.

6. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I'm sorry to all of you for the firestorm you got into. I'm ashamed that kindness, charity and compassion have been replaced by judgmentalism and dictatorship.
  7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Please don't feel that way. The moderators need to get in there and take control so it is a fair board and for all. I'm Christian and I'm ashamed of the leader.
  8. gapsych

gapsych New Member

You have incredible insight and compassion. You are to be commended for that.

Take care.

9. springwater

springwater Active Member

I didnt know what all was going on. I am sorry for whatever has happened. But i know your compassion and wisdom will let you put it behind you and move on.

I hope your beautiful daughters are well. Im sure you enjoyed watching the inauguration yesterday. What an event. And so much hope. For that wonderful nation, who has opened its arms to all sorts of people from all over the world and taken them in. May it be richly blessed.

God Bless

10. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Don't know what to say about anything. Yes, I know, shocking! :eek:)

For whatever part I played in disturbing the peace I am truly, truly sorry.

Springwater ~ I did enjoy watching the election! I was talking away to the telly for hours! I was crying and cheering and awash in amazement that this has really come to pass.

I agree with you: that wonderful nation! Yes, that wonderful, wonderful nation! Today we are all richly blessed.

Thanks much for sharing your wonderful pic.s! Don't be surprised if I say I'm coming to visit one day. A girl can dream, can't she.

ETA Just to clarify, it's "shocking" that I am speechless. Ok, only kinda speechless. Well, I guess I'm not exactly speechless. Uhm...
    never mind
  11. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Please, please, you have no responsibility for what happened and no apologies needed. I saw posts paranoid and plotting because the non-believers were swarming the board and more were coming all the time and having to meet on the Hormone Board--this is the example of the darkest and worst and is not Christianity. They are truly the non-believers in all this and their deeds speak volumes of hate, condemnation, fear, and loss of control/domination--all things that in 2009 should be behind us. I urge everyone to not give up, but to enjoy spirituality or worship as you please. I will. Don't answer questions because those questions have been answered again and again and the board is not there as an inquisition. Just enjoy.
  12. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

I have no idea what's going on but I can make an educated guess.

Please know that your contributions to this board are always welcome and you have what I consider a beautiful spirit.

That said I'll now mind my own business and continue to enjoy your presence here.

Nancy a.k.a. MysticBrit