Gar Why must this be so frustrating?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nerdieduckie, Nov 4, 2006.

1. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

It's really quite sad when one's condition requires avoiding stress and THE CONDITION CAUSES STRESS >_<

That being said, yes, this is another lovely rant by me. You have been warned. Insignificant problems, but ranting nonetheless. At least you all understand.

I haven't been feeling so bad lately. In fact when I went to the Dr. on Halloween I was proudly able to proclaim that "I don't notice my pain as much." Okay, so. Here it is, sat..whoops, now sunday. OW! Paiiiiiiin.

-_-

I can't even come up with what caused this flareup. I've been keeping myself warm (one night requiring 4 t-shirts and 4 blankets because the furnace doesn't like me) and I haven't been around anyone with a contagious illness, so why am I sick now? I've got things I need to do...like life, maybe. I was planning on going back to school in January because I need the structure school has of getting things done. I just don't do it on my own. At the rate things are going, however, I won't be caught up near enough for this to be possible, and failure of this school year seems imminent. I've gone from a Straight A (plus a few B's here and there...) student to a Straight ehm...ZzZzz...student. I may have a bruise on my forehead soon from all the headdesking I've been doing. (Headdesking = banging forehead on desk.)

So, guys and gals, how do I cope? How do you all cope? How do we all cope? (or else beg for ice cream?) This is so frustrating. If someone had told me a few years back that I'd be unable to go to school and be spending all my days at home, I would've laughed...loudly. Then again, perhaps back then I knew something like this would happen, I just didn't have time for it. After all, having to skip one day of school per year since 7th grade due to a nervous breakdown must have some sort of significant meaning.

I know I rant a lot, I'm sorry. I have had positives come from this, really. My kitty now loves me a lot more and hates to see me leave, ever. I've learned jewelry-making. I now value the public education system that I made well known I hated every day. But whyyyy?!!

Stop the world, I wanna get off...(ugh, I'm turning into my dad...)
    Hugs to all,
    Jen
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2006]
  2. Liz919

Liz919 New Member

I don't know what to tell you. But I thought I would drop you some love just so you know you weren't alone. I'd suggest to start with taking a bubble bath or watching a disney movie with your cat or making cocoa with LOTS of marshmallows or something that makes you feel happy and cozy. That's what I generally do when it just all gets too much. I hope you feel better physically and mentally too. Hugs!
  3. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Aw, thanks for the love. I think that's about all that will help right now lol. Finding Nemo...I love that movie...my cat's asleep now though (with good reason) so maybe I will try that tomorrow. Haha, happy and cozy, I am watching a concert video of my favorite band right now ;) It is not helping me get homework done very quickly though...but neither is my brain, so I guess that's what happens.

For some reason, all my knowledge of French (not very much...) went out the window. It's like I'm staring at another language or something. ^_^

Oh well...life is grand.

Thanks for the hugs :)
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Jen:

Do not bang your head anymore about school. You might not need the added stress now.

As for me, I have revolved myself around being as stress-free as possible.

At first there was a feeling of that not being the right thing to do, but since it helps me feel better: I do it.

I have felt like you so many times. Now I pull myself up by my bootstraps and make the day work for me instead of the other way around.

Do not be too hard on yourself. I get days like that, too.

nyrofan
  5. LOVED

LOVED New Member

So sorry you are having a tough time right now. This dd is like a rollercoaster. That's what is so frustrating about it..just when you are rejoicing at having a symtom free day it comes around and bites you in the butt!!

The first cardinal rule of the dd is: DO NOT ever mention you are feeling better:) It alerts your body that it is slacking off of tormenting you.

Second: if you have no problems with chocolate, EAT SOME.

I make jewelry also but haven't even felt well enough to do that. I do wire wraps.

I personally prefer headwalling.
    Or what my daddy used to do...throw rocks at trees.:)

Take care and hope you have a better day.

LOVED
  6. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

*dances*
    How nice it was to wake up and have lots of replies!!
    I <3 you all. I didn't fall asleep until after 2 last night, my teeth were even hurting. o_O . I did get most of a French assignment done though, so some good came out of it.

Mummy made me wheat-free pancakes this morning and THEY TASTE LIKE REAL FOOD! It's really exciting. *passes around the wheat-free pancakes*

To answer all your questions (and you may just want to hunt for your name coz this will be long LOL My how I love to talk...):

PRICKLES, I'm on what they call homebound, so it's like sick leave, only you're still supposed to be getting education. That kinda fell through because my homebound teacher, about a week after it started, her mum had a heart attack so she had to deal with that and now it's been several weeks since I've heard from her. So basically I'm teaching myself what I can when I can...which isn't very much or often. So really, I'm supposed to be fairly caught up when I return. I don't HAVE to, but it's the only way I'll get things done.

I don't chill ;) I'm a hyperactive bundle of nerves that occasional powers off. Really the only time I'm chilled out is when I write, and I haven't even felt like doing that lately (oh noes!). I do rather like caterpillaring duvets though.

I went to a concert of my favorite band once (naturally, Finnish ^_^ ), they finally came to America (almost died from the excitement.) Well, anyway. They always come out to meet the fans afterwards, and I was talking with my mum about the guys, and my mum said one of their names. This other woman out of nowhere got on my mum's case for not pronouncing their names properly. I was like O_O...lazy excuse, but we're American, and it's 1 AM. Thank you. I forget what mum said in reply, but eventually the woman apologized later, but she said she felt it was very important their names be pronounced correctly.

Ducks on a pond! Hahaha...sounds like snakes on a plane. Anyway, that is a super idea. Except...*huggles all 82+ duckies* I'm not sure I could part...It's going to be really hard when I have to go shopping for my second-cousin's duck. He needs a duck.

NYROFAN, I think my bootstraps broke a while ago :-\ Will shoelaces work as well? I keep telling myself there's a reason these things have happened but I just wish I knew why I am being prevented from going to school. I quite liked having my head stuck in a book of some sorts all day. *excels at being hard on self* My doctor has told me several times to stop that, so have several teachers and of course my parents. For some reason, I can't get it through my nice thick skull. I just don't really know what to do with life anymore except sit around in a confused daze. Or play Bejeweled. Lots of Bejeweled has been played these past few days.

LOVED: Haha, well I only mentioned I was feeling better because the doctor asked ;) I'm readjusting my meds today tho, coz he gave me several options to try, so we'll see what comes of that. I've had plenty of occasions where my face would clear up (I used to have really bad acne) and my gramma would comment on it. We'd have to shush her very quickly and knock on some wood, because it never failed, if I said something good, the next day I was broken out again.

Mum wants me to learn wire wrapping. I'm quite content with my beads for now :p I can't quite seem to figure out the wrapping, but I guess I just haven't studied it hard enough. Ahahaha, Chocolate. I can have some kinds (still trying to figure out which ones) and so far Lindt is the only one I can have. Expensive, of course. Hershey and Cadbury seem to trigger the stummy problems. I become a carbaholic when I'm down now ;) Mmm carbs. Carbs are the enemy, but who cares when everything else is as well.

Don't hurt the trees!! *goes to hug the trees* I like my trees...I like throwing things at my dad...not rocks of course, hahaha. Or if it's really bad, I go pet the kitty. Kitty loves me and knows when mum or I am upset.

Well, I apologize this has been so long, but I was excited to wake up and find more replies :) It was like a mini-christmas. I also apologize if there's any awkward grammar. I still have my face shoved in pancakes and it's 11:04 AM. Brain doesn't work until ....hm...I'll get back to you on that. :D It's really nice to know people understand, and it's good to have someone besides the 'rents to talk to about it :)

Much hugs and pancakes to all,
    Jen
  7. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Send an order of pancakes my way please! I always love it when someone else cooks!

I hope you are having a better day today. Starting the day with pancakes is a good way to begin.

hugs Redwillow
  8. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

:D

One order, coming up!

Syrup, butter, chocolate chips, fruit, powdered sugar, all of the above, none?

I like it when breakfast doesn't come out of a box and go straight into a bowl ^_^
  9. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Thanks Nerdieduckie

I like it when someone else cooks for me!

Maple syrup and fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries on my pancakes sounds good! If I am going to dream I might as well dream good huh! lol

hugs Redwillow
  10. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Hmm..*grabs one Mum, a large plate, and a pan, then watches as mum assembles large pancakes*

:D Now for the maple syrup, strawberries, and blueberries. *garnishes*
    voila!

Dreaming is always fun ;)