Garage Sale FINDS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pumpkinpatch, May 19, 2007.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Check this Out! This morning I was driving home after getting a coffee when I spotted a Garage Sale Sign in my neighbourhood.

I turned around and drove to the sale. When I arrived I noticed a whole pine queen size bedroom set just sitting there. I asked if it was for sale and it was. I paid next to nothing and that included: sleigh bed, bureau with mirror, armoire, 2 night tables and big quilt chest. Look at the photo in my bio.

I keep looking into my bedroom. What a Find!! Just wanted to tell someone this!

[This Message was Edited on 05/19/2007]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

You Struck it rich! It's a really nice! I really like to go to Garage sales ~~~ cause you never know what your going to find! Usually i look for old linens and tablecloths stuff along that line,,

,But it's really fun when you find something like the Bedroom set!,,I think sometimes peole are just wanting,,or having to get rid of the stuff so they sell it for really cheap,,,,,

,about 3 weeks ago i stopped at a sale and it was about an hour before they were going to close and the gal said "Everything left is free" ,,,because they were going to take it to the thrift store anyway so,,Hey ,,,,I got a brand new pair of Earth shoes (sandals) that the lady said "Oh i bought thoes and they Hurt my feet, so you can just have them if you want" ,,,

,O.K. My size,,I'll take them,,also i got some really cool earrings and some linens,,,,,,,,,,,It's fun to go them this time of year up here! there was a guy there who had just bought a motor home and he was loading up stuff for that too! It was an older couple who were Down sizeing,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 05/19/2007]
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Yes the couple are moving in June across country and didn't want to drag all their belongings so they were selling lots! I also bought a twin sleigh bed from them.

That's a good idea of going at the end of a sale because that's when the real deals (FREE) come out!!

I can't believe I almost didn't go to this sale and I turned around!!

4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

The set is beautiful and looks as if it's in pristine condition too.

What a deal!!

Nancy B
  5. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Yes, it's in PERFECT condition! Looks brand new. They really looked after the set. Told me they bought a few years ago at a custom Pine shop. There are many well-to-do families living in this neighbourhood and money is not an issue. We have the smallest house. I feel like the peasant!! ha

6. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

OH-MY-GOSH--i have to start yard saling in canada!!
    that set is just gorgeous!
    i love to yard sale, one of the few joys left in my life that i can still do, not to time consuming, not too expensive, and somewhat practical, too!
    it really is a fun hobby and has sure paid off for you!
    i get all my grandson's toys there (for his stash at gramma's house) and wextra clothing, boots, etc. for when he is here. potty chair for a quarter, etc, but now i see i must start crossing the border--i wonder if homeland security has ever seen that listed on a passport--reason for visit? Yardsales!
    have fun, congrats on a great buy and a gorgeous new bedroom!--L
  7. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

You crack me up!! Crossing the border to go yard saleing! You are too funny. Homeland security!!

I think this was just a rare occasion finding this at a garage sale but I'll take it was a little stroke of good luck!

Yes, it's also a perfect spot to get kids things for your grandchildren. Also try Craigslist.

This is the time of year people are on the move and don't want to drag and pay for all the moving. The girl yesterday told me $1. a pd. with the movers. so that could add up quickly.

8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

What a wonderful find, Cindy! Thanks for sharing it with us....!

9. mary124

mary124 New Member

Just beautiful! What a find! too bad I can't find something like this when i go to garage sales!!