GARLIC - anyone have success using it for colds/flu?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachbunnee, Nov 27, 2005.

1. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

If so, what brand(s) do you use?

Are they stinky? (do you burp up the taste or smell it through your pores?)

Thanks for your feedback!

peachbunnee
  2. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

3. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

I know someone who fixed their post viral fatigue with real live garlic(purple variety)
    For me I use garlic to help clear any respiratory infection and I use it as a systemic natural antibiotic and heavy metal chelator.
  4. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I use this awful-smelling (and nasty tasting) supplement by Genestra (it's called "Allisyn") that contains garlic and cinnamon, as well as vitamin A drops, when I first feel sick and/or have been exposed to something. I do take it with food as it can upset your stomach otherwise. Again, smells nasty, but it has worked wonders for me re: fighting colds/flus. My naturopathic doctor says it helps him stay healthy, too.

Good luck!
  5. blueseat23

blueseat23 New Member

Garlic IS without doubt a great panacea.
    Taking a regular (daily dose) should help your immune system
    prevent common colds, coughs and the flu.

In the 7 or more years i have been taking it i have had no
    coughs, no colds, neither have i had a proper dose of the flu,

the one exception to this was about 3 years ago when i was experimenting NOT taking garlic capsules for about 10 consecutive days and true enough i caught a streaming cold
    i take fairly large doses of vitamin c and zinc and although these help the immune system generally it was only when i stopped taking the garlic that a cold was able to develop, needless to say since then i have gone back to taking a daily dose and as stated above colds, coughs, sore throats and the flu are a thing of the past.
    This is depite the fact that i suffer from c.f.s. and have a poor immune system, i stopped having the flu jab some 10 years ago but by taking garlic no longer feel as though i need it.

Like many people i hate the odour of garlic so take daily dose of odourless capsule/s.

I personally could not recommend anything better for the general health particularly during the winter months.

hope you find this helpful.