garlic eaters, do you smell like garlic? does your house smell?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I've had people make comments to me here and there. I think my house smells like a garlic clove, and at times I may too. It's hard to know what to do. I don't want to smell like garlic. Any suggestions on getting rid of the odor?

I may have to resort to taking the pills :/
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...don't think my house smells, but couldn't care less if it does!!! I think garlic not only is healing, but a necessity in almost all cooking!

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Pam_d,
    BTW, I just made a new post to you. Hope you catch that.

Kimelia,
    I used to eat raw garlic and I could smell it coming out from my skin and especially when I was trying to sleep at night, it would drive me crazy. Now I have heard that garlic thins out the blood and I'm already on a NSAID, so I'm not even supposed to take an aspirin.

I tried the pills once, but they tore up my stomach, because I have gastroparesis and a lot of things tear up my stomach. I'd use the raw garlic in more cooking (well hubby cooks), but I can't stand the odor.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i haven't tried it personally, but i'm also a huge fan of the health beneifts of galric and i used to work for a guy that swore by PICKLED garlic. he said it has all the benefits of eating raw garlic without the smell! might be worth looking into.

eddie
  5. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I use garlic in about everything I cook. I also LOVE to bake a whole head of garlic--just slice off the top and drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil and bake. Just squeeze out the contents of one clove onto hard bread or roll and eat with your meal.It is actually sweet. Some of the best restaurants serve garlic roasted like that. I ate it 1st in Seaside Oregon at a wonderful restaurant by the ocean and have ate it every since.It is wonderful!!!
    Shirley
  6. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

eating my garlic roasted till it's soft. I could eat a whole bowl of it like that and have. I ate a bunch of garlic today. I'm also taking the pills. My brother noticed my place smells like garlic, he just moved in. He's going to love me over the next few days, lol.

I guess you just have to smell if you want to partake of it :) It's so good for so many health problems. I guess I'll keep eating it! argh :eek:

thanks for replies

I'm not sure I like pickled things. Might check into it though. Maybe I'll try to take the pills alone for a few days, wonder if they work as well as the real thing?
  7. kbak

kbak Member

Think on the positive side. You can sleep well at nite, knowing that you are warding off all those vampires1

K.
  8. FMhurts

FMhurts New Member

I was on a garlic health kick once and my family begged me to stop.They said They couldn't get near me and hated riding in the car, with me.
    They said it smelled like it was coming out of my pores.
    hehehe, and it did. I would go to bed early at light and when my husband would come in he'd open the door and say Oh my God the room stinks.
    I relized well if they are having this reaction to it, I wont be able to go out in public like this, so I got off the garlic wagon. They are all much happier.
    I do use some in food tho cause it is so good for you.
    I saw on Tv where they put a piece in a glass dish, beside a germ and the germ moved away.
    maybe thats why my family was moving away from me, hehehe those little germs ...I hear its good to give dogs too, for flea control.