GARLIC - instead of AntiBiotics......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Nov 25, 2002.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

This is my second day of taking Garlic to help my FM. I've read in several places that Garlic can be a antibiotic.
    Hopefully will kill Mycoplasma or whatever bad stuff that lurks.

I crush 1/2 a clove into tiny pieces (mixed in with ground turkey beef patty) Ground Turkey beef patty.

I eat the cooked patty between 2 whole wheat pieces of bread with Onion and Green Lettuce onboard.

Taste good and is healthy.

I'll let ya'll know if I get benefits.

Thanks!
  2. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

This is my second day of taking Garlic to help my FM. I've read in several places that Garlic can be a antibiotic.
    Hopefully will kill Mycoplasma or whatever bad stuff that lurks.

I crush 1/2 a clove into tiny pieces (mixed in with ground turkey beef patty) Ground Turkey beef patty.

I eat the cooked patty between 2 whole wheat pieces of bread with Onion and Green Lettuce onboard.

Taste good and is healthy.

I'll let ya'll know if I get benefits.

Thanks!
  3. kay

kay New Member

garlic is soooo good for us. I crave it, and sometimes my mouth waters for it. I have a garlic roller, so I roll alot at one time(IT peals it) and I eat i with my dinner. I take a bit of garlic, then take a bit of food. I use to eat it just by its self but, there is some that is soooo hot!! YUMMY-YUMMY! Think I will go roll some now. :))))
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

That sandwich sounds great!!Now I wanna go and get all the stuff to make one!Thanks for the idea.....maybe tomorrow I'll get out.(its rainy.cold here/I'm staying put!)Take care,
    Tracey
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

One of my favorite recipes is to bake chicken breasts with a slice of Provalone cheese smothered in marinara sauce with a dollop of pesto sauce made with fresh garlic. The basil and parsley are good for what ails us too.

That's just one of my "diet" recipes. Is it any wonder I don't feel deprived?

Love, Mikie
  6. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

where did you get a garlic roller? Sounds like something I'd like - I use a garic press but its messy & I like bigger pieces or even a clove - hate to peel them because of the sticky fingers that last - so please, tell me a little more about your garlic roller! thanks.........Amy
  7. kay

kay New Member

I have seen them several places. lOOK at the mall in one of the cooking stores, that have asseries(SP). Its called a garlic peeler. Its is so nice. You put your garlic in it and roll it and it is peeled! When I worked at the hospital, my crew would come in and first thing off--- they would say is, you at garlic last night didn't you.!! I love it!! Let me know if you find one. Good luck!
  8. srosepetal77

srosepetal77 New Member

my husband uses garlic powder in about everything we eat it's crazy and it's a good thing to eat but your sandwich sounds really good
  9. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I'll be looking out for one. Does it smoosh it up or leave the clove whole? Amy
  10. kay

kay New Member

amymb 74, I bumped this for you to read. Answering your question. When you put the garlic in the roller, you roll it lightly. It will leave the cloves whole. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but have been very busy with family in. Hope this helps and I was wondering if you found a roller? Love, Linda
  11. Billie

Billie New Member

Whether whole garlic is better for you than garlic powder? I love garlic myself. I have been putting it on eggs lately. And I love garlic bread. But was just wondering if it makes a differnce whether it's in powder form or not.

Thanks.....Billie
  12. kay

kay New Member

Yes if you can eat whole garlic it is best. Chop it up and put it on everything. Yummy!! Linda
  13. tomf

tomf New Member

Cooking/heating garlic destroys the allicin. Allicin is the compound in garlic that has the antibiotic/anti-viral properties and also the strong odor. I have also read that crushing or chopping the garlic and leaving it exposed to air for 15 minutes before eating increases the amount of allicin formation, therefore even move beneficial than eating raw cloves.

14. shannon

shannon Guest

would garlic pills be just as good as fresh garlic? and how many should a person take and at what strength?