Garlic is cheaper then Olive Leaf extract and AntiBiotics....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Feb 24, 2003.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

I'm currently eating Raw Garlic cloves. I read that people with chronic infections should take 1 or 2 cloves a day for maintenance. Double the amount of cloves for acutely ill people. I eat 2 cloves a day. 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.

Takes some getting use to. The best way to take it is to cut the cloves in small pieces (mince) and wash down with a liquid. Eating it can burn your mouth a bit. I seem to tolerate Garlic better then Olive Leaf Extract. You can get a buzz from eating garlic at time also. (never knew that)

You can get 3 Garlics for 1 dollar at the Grocery Store.
    There are about 14 cloves in 1 Garlic. So 1 dollar of Garlic is good for 3 weeks eating 2 cloves a day. Can't beat that cost-wise if it works. Additional info below....

Garlic

Usage: Garlic is a natural do-it-all: it is known to inhibit the growth of viruses, bacteria, candida and certain parasites. It is also a wonderful mucus thinner and is often used to help clear up congestion in the lungs. Some women have experienced an increase in cervical mucus from using garlic.

Recommended Dosage: Only fresh, raw garlic works. Garlic pills and cooked garlic are useless in terms of medicinal value. Take a clove of garlic and mash it down with a spoon, then cut it up into smaller bits and drink it down with a glass of water (as if you were swallowing some vitamins). If you experience burning, just drink more water. You can take 1-4 cloves per day; if taking more than 1 clove, it's best to spread it out throughout the day rather than all at once. It must be used within 30 minutes of smashing. The brave can peel a clove, add a dab of lube and use it as a suppository.

Food Sources: Garlic!

Side Effects: Stinky breath and stinky poo! (Note that the breath doesn't get very stinky when taking it as above described. But I can't help you with the stinky poo part.

[This Message was Edited on 02/24/2003]
  2. patchwork

patchwork New Member

I'm taking it too and eat it crushed on bread with some Olive oil....I take Aloe Vera too, which is also anti- viral/ bacterial/fungal..lets hope it works!!!!!!!
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Pesto sauce is one of the healthiest things we can eat. The garlic is an anti-biotic, anti-fungal, and anti-viral. The parsley is excellent for insullin resistance. The olive oil is an excellent oil and I'm sure there has got to be some kind of benefit to eating basil, I just don't know what it is.

One of my favorite meals is to bake chicken breasts in marinara sauce with a slice of provalone cheese on top covered with some homemade pesto. Yummmmmmm!

Love, Mikie
  4. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

I have been eating garlic for years. I even crave it when I am out(which isn't very often). I usually roll 2 to 4 cloves in my pealer and eat it with dinner.Garlic is wonderful for health. I even heard on cnn health recently, that is good for guys(prostrate). There are usually pocket books at the drug stores, that you can get on garlic. I dont care that I smell of garlic. Whats more important? Smell or health? Besides I dont think, that smells bad anyway. So you all roll away and eat!! yummy!
  5. sb439

sb439 New Member

... what is that meant to be good for?

As to oral use, just to add a way, I used to put one clove into a blender with veggies to make a sort of veggie smoothie (carrots, celery, broccoly, peppers, flaxseeds, whatever, plus some water), as long as you add some salt, it is quite tasty.

Susanne
    (and as to love life, you just have to convince your love interest that garlic is just as good for them, too)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2003]