Garlic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ritatheresa, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

For some reason a few times when I was cooking I would eat a clove of garlic and I would wind up having great energy, I started eating a clove each day and really had some pretty good days.

My sister made me really self conscious and I was walking around with Binaca (for bad breath). I got worried that I would really start to smell and stopped eating it.

Anyway I haven't eaten garlic in a few days and I've had a really bad couple of days.

Anyone on here have a similair experience? Every now and then I remember some people talking about eating garlic.

Thanks, Ritatheresa
  2. swehling

swehling New Member

I take nature made brand tabs (only brand I trust). I've taken them for years and I know they are a natural antibiotic and help w/ healing. Maybe that's why my FM has not been as severe over the years.
    Susan
  3. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

I've read some good things concerning garlic. It supposedly has antiviral, antifungal (and other) properties.

Very interesting, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it, Ritatheresa
  4. clerty

clerty New Member

I stay in Singapore one day we decided to try the local ice cream I was nearly sick it was Garlic ice cream YUCK
    dont get me wrong I love garlic and I love ice cream but not together LOL!!!

Clertyx
  5. swehling

swehling New Member

I forgot to mention that it's also water soluable, so you can take mega doses when you think you're getting sick and it will flush from your system- drink lots of water- chicken soup is also good (lipton has great salt oil combo that really helps heal too)
    Susan
  6. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Garlic has always mede me sick! Before I was diagnosed
    with fibro, when I would inadvertantly injest garlic, I would get an "attack" that very much resembled a fibro flare. Hot burning pain throughout my body, muscle aches, very bad heartburn, and insomnia. I used to tell hubby, "oh, no, I've been 'garlicked' again!!!"

Now I always ask if there's garlic in meals when I go to restaurants or eat at friend's houses.

Garlic is a "no-no" for me!
    Mini
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

There is a good article on garlic in the current isuue of the Pro Health magalog.

Kathy