GAS AND MORE GAS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATLADY912, Jun 3, 2003.

1. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THIS DD GAS. I HAD SO MUCH GAS ON MY STOMACH LAST NIGHT I COULD NOT SLEEP. ALSO HAD BAD ABD CRAMPS. THE GAS WAS THE WORSE I EVER HAD. WHAT BRINGS THIS STUFF ON AND HOW DO YOU REALLY GET RID OF IT.

THANK YOU,
    GENETLE HUGS,
    JANICE
  2. momkatmax

momkatmax New Member

Some of the medications that we use can cause it, one I know of is Effexor. Other reason might be that you have an overgrowth of yeast in the gut, and need to try the anti-yeast diet.

I have use charcoal capsules: two twice a day for about three days then just two per day. Need to be careful, this can absorb medicatons so take 2 hours before or after meds.
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Janice:

I have problems with gas off and on. Fortunately, it is worst in the evening so I don't offend my co-workers, but my poor husband!

Ellen
  4. gbean

gbean New Member

Janice,
    I sure wish someone had the answer for you.
    I've recently had bad trapped gas that seems to only occur when I lay down to go to sleep. I'm a tummy sleeper so it keeps me up for awhile.
    Gas pills don't work and diet doesn't seem to matter. I had one free gas day last night but had eaten two bean burritos and split pea soup. I only take two meds also. Guaifenesin and trazadone. I even tried acidophilus supplement. I do know that sometimes an emema helps.
    Good luck -fill us in if anything helps
    Gena
  5. AC77

AC77 New Member

an OTC remedy...ask the pharmacist, contains simethicone. I have never taken it, but recommeneded it for patients. Also, anything that has anticholinergic qualities will help. You can try a Benadry at BETDTIME or by rx, Donnnatel may be helpful....

Also, eating patterns are important. What did/do you eat. And how often do you use the lav? are you constipated or not? a lot of cause and affect come in to play here.

If the gas is that bad, that it is keeping you up at night, I would see a doctor R/o causes.

A tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, or 2, during the day or afternoon, can be really helpful for digestive complaints and also for FMS is general. It's a cheap, completly safe, old-time food remedy that Grandma's and mom's have used for litterally, hundreds of years.
  6. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

Some anti-depressants like Effexor will cause gas, so will some antibiotics like Cipro. Eating cold pizza, cabbage and Beenie Weenies - not necessarily together will also do this.

Seriously though...
    Generic name: Simethicone
    Any brand with this ingrediant such as:
    Mylanta Gas
    Gas Relief
    Gas-X
    Major-Con
    Flatulex
    Maalox Anti-Gas
    Phazyme tablets & softgels - 60mg; 95mg; 125mg
    Mylicon Drops - This drug is available OTC

Simethicone is considered safe, can be used long term and is not known to interact with other drugs. Check with the pharmacist if you are taking prescription meds.

Just airing some thoughts,

Lane
  7. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Like someone said earlier, Charcoal has worked the best for me. It absorbs meds though so you have
    to take it at times that won't interfere with your meds
    or supplements. Not that easy to do, but worth it.