Gassy and swollen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by insanelady, May 21, 2006.

1. insanelady

insanelady New Member

Does anyone here get really gassy and cannot get rid of it easily and tummy become swollen..I have IBS but this does not seem like it or is it..

thanks

rosiline
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Rosiline,
    I used to have an extremely sensitive colon. I also used to be bloated and very gassy. This is what helped me:
    I started drinking aloe vera juice. It got rid of the intestial discomfort, as well as gastric reflex.

I also take a gentle probiotic and one serving of red miso in soup, daily. These have both really helped.

I hope you feel better.
    Terry
    p.s. I try not to used comercial antacids and/or other chemical formulations for this. They say that they upset the chemical balance in the colon. t.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/22/2006]
  3. Line

Line New Member

I am gassy and bloated a lot, the pressure is awful, it pushes up in under my ribs and sternum so bad. Today I am like that, I do a lot of burping but still feel like a bloated cow.I even get internal quivers from the gas, feels like I am pregnant with a octupus. I know how you feel you do not even know how to sit.

i tried everything otc and nothing works for me. I have IBS also and take metamucil every other night, that makes me gassy also but need to take it as the other products do not work.

I tried to rule out foods but cannot seem to find a corelation between the foods and gas. You would think with all the meds there would be something you could take that would push the gas through in about 5 minuets.lol.

Hugs, Linda
  4. GwenGlo

GwenGlo New Member

Since I came down with this heart ailment (March) I was told not to consume caffeine.

So, I cut out soft drinks as they almost all have caffeine.

To my surprise my bloating, gas, and constipation went away! And I only was drinking about 5 (cans) per WEEK .

I still drink one coffee a day so I know it isn't the caffeine. It is the carbonated drinks.

I have an occasional soft drink without problem but as soon as I have one 2 days in a row I just feel myself expanding and the bowel movements stop.

I would not have believed this if I would have heard it from someone else. I can hardly believe that I brought all that discomfort on myself.

Gwen

5. jake123

jake123 New Member

Hi Rosiline, Have you ever tried Phazyme? It is simithicone which is even given to babies for gas. It has worked good for me. Take one and if it doesn't work for you in about three hours, take another one.
  6. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

You cracked me up. I raised three boys and let me tell you about strangling gas... I used to get so mad at them because they were so gross and disgusting. Now Guess what? Mom's right up to speed with them and now they're telling me I'm disgusting.

Anyway, I just figured out lately that when I drink milk, eat ice cream, or any other dairy products I get burpy,nauseated and gassey (break wind smelly type). I self diagnosed myself as being lactose intolerant. I had a gastric bypass 3 years ago and had not been eating a lot of dairy products. I'm guessing my body stopped producing as much of the enzyme that breaks down the lactose and sugars in milk. When your body can't break down the lactose it turns into methane gas--hence the windy, smelly gas, abdominal distention, burping, and nausea. I've been taking an over the counter pill before I eat dairy products and it seems to be helping. LuAnn