gastroparesis and being woken with shaking

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by jess, Nov 14, 2007.

1. jess

jess New Member

Hi, I was wondering does anyone here have Gastroparesis? Also, not related to it but is anyone waking up at night with shaking, chills and muscle tightening? I am curious if I am an anomalywith these symptoms. I have read that Gastroparesis can be caused by Lyme and CFS/Fibro. I don't know about the shaking at night though. Thanks anyone, Jess
  2. amk33

amk33 New Member

Lyme can effect your nervous system, which controls your muscles and your gastrointestinal tract. This would explain all of your above symptoms. I do get chills and muscle tightening, but not the violent shaking that would wake me up.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I've heard of your other symptoms. My son has had other weird symptoms such as unpredictable head sweats at any time, plus muscle spasms (also unpredictable); these it was felt was due to babesiosis.

Lyme can cause so many symptoms, but remember, co-infections are more the rule than exception, and may be causing some of these things.

Some of the 'usual' co-infections include ehrlichiosis, bartonella, plus babesiosis... I think there are some others.

all the best,
    Victoria