Gaui Ladies Your Assistance, please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, May 22, 2006.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

Update - Received my toothpaste and guai Saturday. Have checked almost everything I can think of, including the toilet paper, soaps, cosmetics - Can you think of anything I might have missed.

I've read the book and many parts a second time. I'm fortunate that I'm not hyperglycemic, as is my niece.

Had thought it would be more difficult to check out all the products, but with the help of the book and lists, there are only two cosmetic products left that I need to check.

One of the questions I do have is, although Palmer's Olive butter is out, does anyone know if the cocoa butter can be used? I like the Olive butter so much.

Second questions - I ordered the 400 mg guai FA that Dr. St. Armand now recommends?? So how do I take them? One morning and one night?

My doctor says she has had success with this protocol, but it takes great discipline. Should I call her or can you gals help me get started?

Feeling pretty good about finally getting things in order, especially with the fog I'm in.

Our remodeling inside is done, so I'm ready to put down area rugs, paintings, and rearrange furniture. Will start upstairs since we're having a guest this week, and will get to the lower level later. Two of my girls are coming to help. Feel guilty when so many people get no help at all. Oh, yes, my husband is picking up a piece of new furniture I bought today, too.

He's feeling pretty low, since he has 10 acres of strawberries and we got frost yesterday and today. Not able to tell for a couple of days how much damage we sustained.

Wish me luck.

janieb
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She is really the expert on what can and cannot be used. I know that Shea butter is OK but I don't know about the rest. Because I can tolerate a little bit of sals, I'm not as consciencous as I should be.

I don't see the Guai Protocol as needing discipline because once one is sal free, all one has to do is take the Guai. I take one of the FA 400 mg. tablets in the morning and the other in the evening. Because they are fast acting, they could be cut up and taken more often but there may be something in being sure that at least 300 mgs. hit the system at the same time. I'm doing very well on the 800 mgs. a day.

Good luck to you. BTW, they may be able to answer your question over at the Guaidoc.com website.

Love, Mikie
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

I'm pretty excited about this, so guess I will start today. Maybe Jude will get back to me, if not, I'll just skip to lotion I'm not sure about.

Blessing.

janieb
  4. Jude

Jude New Member

Hi JanieB

Your cocoa butter will not block guai. You can also use shea butter. I am hesitant to say that the olive butter is OK. I would feel more comfortable knowing all the ingredients listed with the olive butter. As a general rule, all butters are OK.

As for your dose, 400mg in the morning and 400mg in the evening is OK. It will be helpful later on if you keep a daily symptom journal when you begin the protocol.

I usually check the board once a day and if I don't feel that I can add anything then I don't reply. But I do read on a regular basis.

Jude
  5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Those 400mg tablets snap in half easily if you want to start slowly & try a few days at 200mg twice a day at first & slowly increase the dose. When your symptoms are tolerably worse, you've found your individual dose.

6. janieb

janieb New Member

I'm going to be communicating with you regularly so I know I'm doing this right. Going to start out with the 400 and see how it goes. Took one this morning and will take another this p.m.

Feeling exhausted, but that is probably because of the remodeling, redecorating and just plain cleaning up after everyone. I'm so lucky to be retired - even though I did give up me cleaning lady.

So, I will start a journal and try the meds as indicated, and stay in contact with all of you. I gave the oilve butter to my daughter. It's really good stuff.

Blessing.

janieb
  7. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Janie! I'm excited that you are going to start on this guai adventure with us. You have heard from the experts about your questions, so I just wanted to say welcome.

You mentioned giving favorite products to your daughter. Mine just came home from college, and I had a boatload of goodies for her...she was so excited! I'm just glad that we have daughters to which to give them.

You are right, after the initial moves to sal-free stuff, it's not bad. I recently had trouble finding sal-free lip balm with SPF for the summer. The guaidoc.com website answered my question in the same day...what communication and support.

We'll be looking forward to hearing from you. I'm going on 2.5 months, and haven't yet seen any dramatic improvement although a few better hours here and there. But I've had this a long time, so I'm not expecting any miracles right away!

Blessings to you....Ann

PS We have orchards, so I understand the frost on your berries! Yikes...we fruit growers are really at nature's mercy. I'll pray that you will have some salvage value? Sure hope so....
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are a wealth of info and can always be counted on to help. Hope all is going well with you.

Love, Mikie
  9. janieb

janieb New Member

Thanks, ladies.

Well, it's day two, and aside from my panic attacks, I'm not noticing any difference after the three doses of guai. My husband just overdrew his checking account - I hate that - he never keeps track. That alone is enough to throw me into a panic attack, however, there were lots of other things going on, which will be much harder to live with. That just means someone has to make a fast trip to the bank. Two of my nieces are having some serious disagreements and I feel caught in the middle.

At this moment, I want to go to bed and cover up my head. Sure you've all been there.

Am going to keep a journal so I can look back, but hope no one else finds it.

Blessings,

janieb