GCMAF and low dose naltrexone

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals for ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia' started by znewby, Jan 10, 2015.

1. znewby

znewby Member

Does anyone know if these two can be taken together or if you can only take one or the other of the above? Thanks.
  2. tooks

tooks Member

Although the site GcMAF.eu says something about not taking them together, I believe that is their unique opinion. Many have taken them together for long periods with absolutely no problems and many doctors prescribe them together.
  3. znewby

znewby Member

Thank you. that is good to know.
  4. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

Huh! You learn something new each and every day. Just did a bit of Googling about GCMAF - very interesting! I myself am on LDN and my husband created their app - which (she says proudly!) is the first global research study carried out for 174 different auto immune diseases. So! My suggestion is that if you haven't started the LDN yet, now is the time to get the LDN app - so that you can be a part of the research! As well, it will be taking your stats prior to starting LDN. LDN can take months and months for some people to work, others find that within a day they notice the difference. I am unable to put a link on here (as I am a newbie! :) ) but Google LDN Research Trust.

The one thing I will say about LDN, is everyone is so different on it. I first started at 0.5ml and had made it up to 4.5ml then had very bad hip pain (which I now realise was a spasm) and was put on morphine. So stopped the LDN. The morphine did nothing...anyways...a couple of months later I started LDN again (I didn't find it was doing much for me other than help with my sleep - which in itself is a huge thing!). Anyways, I started at 0.5ml again and I started getting bad spasms again. Luckily (!) I am friends with the Chair for LDN Research Trust and she told me to drop it right back to 0.1ml and up that every 2nd week - and that worked. Interestingly, when I was at a meeting about LDN the dispensing chemist for the UK said that he has found that if you have side effects like pains and aches at the beginning, that he has always found that in the end it is those people who respond the best to LDN! So go figure! (Just thought I would mention that!). The other thing he said which I found very interesting...that 'LDN is as safe as an aspirin'. So important to get the news about this incredible medication! And the pharmaceutical industry is trying their hardest so we don't find out about it...but the news is spreading! :)
  5. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

I've been tempted by LDN, but read that it really aggravates some people's sleep problems. Has it affected your weight in any way?
  6. Alyssa-Admin

Hi there, for me (bearing in mind everyone is different!), by the second night I slept right through (haven't slept properly for 20 years!). Some people experience vivid dreams on it....so no sleep issues per se...and definitely not like night terrors! One of the best dreams I ever had was that I was in a musical wih Frank Sinatra! And there was music and everything going on in my dream! (In fact, I miss my LDN dreams...they rocked!). It has not affected my weight at all...in fact, I know quite a few people on it and it hasn't affected their weight). On Facebook thee is the LDN Research Trust page - lots of expert advice and support - even find where the closest prescribing doctor is.

A.x
  7. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

8. Alyssa-Admin

Yep....I am on it, as are several of my friends. For me, by day 2 I was starting to get better sleeps. For my friends (one of whom also has ME) they have noticed an increase in energy, a reduction in brain fog and in fact, one of them is back to work after not working for 18 years! I volunteer for the LDN Research Trust - there are many videos about fibro and LDN on Vimeo - or just have a look at their website www.ldnresearchtrust.org There is also a list of doctors and chemists who will prescribe and fulfil the prescription. Luckily, more and more doctors are switching on to seeing how this medication can make a difference....and...if you are interested in trying it...make sure you download the myLDN app so that you can track how you are now...and how you are after taking it! Please know that you need to start off very slow and work up to the max 4.5ml per day....It is cheap. It works for many. And the pharmaceutical companies are making darn sure you don't find out about it! It is unpatented and is in fact helping 174 different auto immune conditions. I always recommend people try it - and for a good few months, because it can take that long to work up to the full dosage and to start to see some improvements. A.x
  9. Alyssa-Admin

What about asking the pharmacist in regards to using the two together...or if there needs to be a 'window' between the two. I often find that my chemist tends to know a lot more about my meds than my GP...so I tend to ask them first and foremost - particularly if this is the chemist that is dispensing your LDN.