Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by consuegra, Nov 8, 2009.

1. consuegra

consuegra New Member

Recently I became aware of this this natural macrophage activating factor. I have a suspicion that this might be useful in CFS and that perhaps it has begun to be used on CFS/ME patients. There is some information about GcMAF on the internet and its activity against cancer and HIV. Does anyone take this, or does anyone know anything about this - or am I the only one who has heard of this?

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I didn't know anything about this, so I just quickly googled it......from what I read, it sounds interesting, but I wonder if it would help or hurt in the case of CFS bc it stimulates the immune system....if in doing so, it would kill off XMRV, as it seems to do with cancer cells and HIV, then it would be helpful, but if it didn't kill XMRV, the increased immune activity would probably make ME/CFS worse

like I said, though, that is just the reaction I had from a very quick little bit of research....I could be wrong or not understanding it correctly

also, it doesn't look like it is actually available. I wonder how we could find out more.