GD Canadian website for Canuk CFS/FM'ers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shanwill, Mar 9, 2006.

1. shanwill

shanwill Member

Hi,
    Just thought I'd mention another great resource, especially for Canadians that's on the web.
    www.fm-cfs.ca
    They are looking for participants to get more research going here in Canada so thought you'd want to know. The more people we have the better!

Shannon
  2. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

It is a great site. I appreciate that they also provide information and many tools for advocacy. I have spoke directly with John Ernst and he is very helpful and positive.

We need support to manage our conditions but also empowerment to pave the way for better service and recognition of this condition we live with.

Thanks for sharing this Shannon

[This Message was Edited on 03/13/2006]
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This is a good site and it's been a while since I looked at it. There's a lot more going on in Canada than people realize!

Kathy.
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

May 12 is ME awareness day, though it hasn't caught on everywhere in Canada, but in most o fthe major Cdn. cities for now, including mine, Ottawa.

The Governor General of Canada gave the woman who founded the site and did lots of advocacy for our illness a prestigious medal. Who knew we had this kind of recognition? Also, Canadian scientists have discovered a protein that is the culprit in our amplified pain signals. This makes it truly a neurological disorder.

Jeanne