Generic Ambien CR

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by munch1958, Feb 23, 2011.

1. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Has anyone else gotten stuck with this LEMON yet? Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a difference in potency between the generic and the name brand?

Generic Ambien CR does not work as well as the original. I have not slept deeply since my stupid mail order pharmacy sent me this cr@p! I had always gotten the blue name brand pills and just received white ones. They sux.

2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Ambien/zolpidem i found generic or brand name worked well it was just the cr version that didnt work, not a big enough initial hit to get u to sleep. Personally i would just use immediate release ambien to initiate sleep and trazodone or doxepin to keep u asleep and improve sleep quality. Im with goatwoman. I think most benzo type meds are only good to initiate sleep or give u 3-4 hours sleep, u really need to add something else to them to improve quantity and quality of sleep. Antihistamines are also good for this.

3. tig519

tig519 Member

There are generally more than one mfg for the generic versions. My generic Ambien CR is blue (just the name brand) and work as well. I would try another pharmacy or ask the one you're at if they have another brand.