Generic Oxycontin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chris350, Feb 26, 2007.

1. chris350

chris350 New Member

Hi,

I have been on Fentynal patches 3 (100mgh) chg ever 48 hours for over 3 years. The patches are eating up my skin causing horrible skin infections. My doctor wants to change me to generic oxycontin. I have taken oxcontin before for pain - but I wondered if anyone has taken generic and if they noticed a difference good or bad.

Thanks for any info. I can't tell you how much I depend on this message board.

Chris
  2. blkkat

blkkat New Member

i take gen oxycotin- its oxycodone time release, works good for me. i take oxycodone 5ms 6 x day, oxycontin (gen)10 mgs 2 x day. but no i have never taken name brand my dr said gen. is the same. hope that helps. GOD BLESS - BLKKAT
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I read that Fentanyl is much stronger that oxycontin. I would talk to few pharmacists and ask them the best way to transition from the patche to Oxyconton

If your insurance pays, take the regular Oxycontin. I know the cost is much less generic.
  4. m5shelly

m5shelly New Member

I was taking generic oxys for years. It started to not work as well, so I recently asked the pharmicist for brand name meds. The brand name works a little better, and I did notice a difference, but it was close. I am on 40mg extended release, twice per day. I wouldn't be able to function without it, but I never tried Fentynal, so I can't tell you how it compares.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2007]