Genetics

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srh, Apr 22, 2006.

1. srh

srh New Member

I see posts all the time about siblings, parent/child, extended fam's having these DD's .

I have 5 sis's and 1 brother and none of them have this. Thank God. My mother suffered with a bad back, but that's all. My Dad ALS. Which I guess in a long way around could be related to all this. No aunts, uncles anyone. Just me.

Don't get me wrong I am so thankful. I just was thinking out loud I guess. I have a big... family. And no one.
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

my sister has RA, which is an autoimmune disease. Do any other members of your family have an autoimmune disease? Could be that's where it comes from. I don't know about others in my family. My Mom probably has FM/CFS, but won't get dx. Says it wouldn't change anything.
  3. srh

srh New Member

They have a little arthritis like a lot of ppl, but none with RA or anything else.

But you might be right. My mom was bothered by her hands and I also have RA. I started getting knots when I was young and Mom told me to take aspirin every a.m. as soon as I got up. Did, and have not gotten any since and what I had went away. Doc's think I'm crazy though!!

But yes, she might have had it and I have a younger sis, that might still get it. But "older than me" one's don't.