Gentle Exercise Tapes. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elizajane40, Sep 7, 2005.

1. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

I would like to do some gentle beginners exercises by video tape. Does anyone have any they really like? In particular yoga, stretching, walking tapes. Thanks !
  2. I posted this thread, I recently asked the same question. Highlight it and put it in . Or click on fibrobutterfly and it would show there. I assume its alright to post this site as it is from here. I love your name.

http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=629930&B=FM#629930
  3. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I'm doing very well with the Y-Dan routine on DVD. Sometimes I feel a little burning in the muscles at the time, but no soreness which is really amazing for me. Exercise usually incapacitates me.

If you do a search on Y-Dan you'll find the discussion from the last few weeks. It's a modified version of Tai-Chi (actually called Wei-Dan) and is specifically for people with limited capacity for exercise and range of motion.

Jan
  4. petesdragon

petesdragon New Member

I ordered some tapes from Amazon.com for Seniors Tai Chi that you can do standing or sitting. Make sure they are tapes and not books. You can usually get them used.Also Arthritis PACE tapes can be done sitting or standing. They can be ordered from the Arthritis Foundation. I copied page 72 to 89 of stretches called the Holy Half Hour. It is from "Freedom from Chronic Pain" by Norman J. Marcus MD.
    They are very gentle floor stretching exercises that are great.
  5. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

Thanks for the great ideas !!! I especially like the idea of Tai Chi.